Human Torch escaped from his isolation. Trying to make sense of his new surroundings and unable to put out his flames, the Torch doused himself by jumping into the inground pool on Sardo's personal estate.
When the Torch was spotted by Sardo and his henchman Red, Sardo came up with a brilliant plan to manipulate the Human Torch and use him in a protection racket. Under the pretense of trying to help out the Torch, Sardo had Red drain the swimming pool and use the winter cover to cut it off from the very oxygen that would ignite the Torch.
The next day, Sardo paid a visit to Mr. Harris, the president of Acmen Warehouse, Inc. He demanded Harris to pay his fire insurance fee or suffer the consequences. Recognizing Sardo as a racket man, Harris had him ejected out of his office and Sardo vowed to make him pay. Loading the Torch up in a air-tight glass cylinder, Sardo had the Torch transported to one of the warehouses and smashed the cylinder so the Torch's flame powers would burn the place to the ground. Realizing that Sardo had manipulated him, the Human Torch rushed to Sardo's home, setting it ablaze as Sardo seeked refuge in his underground lab which was lined with twelve inch chromium steel plates. That proved insufficient to bar the Torch's path as he melted through the door, and confronted his foe. Sardo attempted to take out the Torch with his gun without success. As a last resort, he tried to kill the Torch by tossing sulphuric acid on him. The acid exploded killing Sardo but having no effect on the Torch.
In the aftermath of the battle, the Human Torch was cleared of any wrong doing, and his experience with Sardo inspired the Torch to take up a career fighting crime.
Sardo was an expert criminal and extortionist.
Anthony Sardo was a smoker.
Using his ill-gotten wealth, Sardo had access to diving equipment, a full lab with 12 inch thick chromium steel walls, as well as glass cylinders to seal the Human Torch in.
Sardo utilized an armored car to travel around.
Other than conventional firearms, Sardo also had access to gas bombs, likely of his own creation.
- Sardo is possibly the first villain ever created by Marvel Comics
- In Marvel Comics #1, Sardo is depicted as a lanky man with white hair, however when he is depicted in a flashback in Avengers #133, he appears as a slightly more muscular person with black hair.
- 5 Appearances of Anthony Sardo (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Anthony Sardo (Earth-616)
- Media Anthony Sardo (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Anthony Sardo (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Anthony Sardo (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Anthony Sardo (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|