- There's only one thing I'm good at... I can fail and die. I can let everybody down. And I think I'm about to prove...just how good I am at it.
- -- Quasar
Appearing in "Blame it on the Black Star"Edit
- Doctor Dredd (Klobok) (First appearance)
- Auditor Nolor (First appearance)
- Shi'ar Empire (Mentioned)
- Imperial Guard (Mentioned)
- Galactus (Mentioned)
- Star-Lord (Peter Quill) (Mentioned)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Asgardians (Mentioned)
- Phalanx (Mentioned)
- Dire Wraiths (Mentioned)
- Rigellian Deep Space Survey Vessel KJ31227
Synopsis for "Blame it on the Black Star"Edit
A Rigellian scientific vessel is surveying the former position of the Fault in hopes of investigating how space can be cut in order to develop new technologies. Then suddenly, a man named Doctor Dredd appears on the bridge, claiming that he wants their data. The Rigellians attempt to seize him but when they get close to touching him, their hands are severed from their arms.
On Knowhere, Ikon of the Spaceknights has appeared and starts analyzing each of the Annihilators and uses their weaknesses against them, forcing them to defend themselves. Gladiator advises his teammates not to listening to her goading and hear her out. Ikon then states that Star-Lord's dream is misguided and the Annihilators won't work. She explains that Star-Lord invited the Galadorian Spaceknights to help with the team as the Ultimate Sanction. But the Annihilators won't function because they are too strong compared to the Guardians of the Galaxy who weren't strong enough. The Silver Surfer begins to agree with her logic. Ikon then also states that she also came to lodge a complaint. Apparently, Star-Lord put the Dire Wraiths, Skrull magical offshoots, on his list of galactic threats, which the Spaceknights consider to be an insult, as the Dire Wraiths are imprisoned.
Cosmo then alerts the team to that fact that the Continuum Cortex has detected disturbance in the Dark Nebula, where the Dire Wraiths are sealed. The Annihilators then race to the Keep, where they find Dredd destabilizing the Dark Nebula, enabling the Dire Wraiths to regain their power and besiege Galador.
Appearing in "Timely Inc."Edit
- Wooden clown (Only appearance; dies)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Only in flashback)
- Timely Inc. Employees
- Miss Ozsquerker
- Mr. Kantlefarb
- Mrs. Wozbaaarg
- Mr. Funzlobe
- Rocket Raccoon's supervisor
- Mrs Gantlebanter
- Mechanical woodpeckers
Races and Species:
- Halfworlders (Flashback and main story)
- Flora colossus (Flashback and main story)
- Zen-Whoberis (Only in flashback)
- Human/Spartoi Hybrid (Only in flashback)
- Kree/Titanian Hybrid (Only in flashback)
- Timely Inc. Alpha Centauri offices
- Deep Space Trade Route 65
- Pama (Mentioned)
- Planet X
- Isle of Punishment
- Drax's Knives (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Timely Inc."Edit
With the Guardians of the galaxy effectively disbanded, Rocket Raccoon has gotten a job at Timely Inc. as a mail boy. He is then called to his supervisor's office for a disciplinary tongue-lashing over failing to uphold company deliver policy and to be reminded that he was only to "meet our quota of cute sentient animals" and make the company seem more cheerful.
Rocket then goes to the Mail Room, where he finds a box addressed to him. But when he opens it, a killer clown starts chasing him. He manages to defeat the clown by sending him out the window. Unfortunately, his boss fires him for violating health and safety codes.
Rocket returns to his rundown apartment, having borrowed a Timely Inc. analyzer, determining that the clown was made of sentient wood. After lamenting his regrets, Rocket sets out for Planet X and looks for his friend, King Groot. However, as his analyzer informs him, his Groot is in fact an impostor posing as the king and thus had been sentenced by King Groot XXCVII into exile on the Isle of Punishment.
It is not revealed until issue #4 the true identity of Doctor Dredd
- Because you -- yes,you! -- demanded it: Marvel’s all-star cosmic team – and cult faves Rocket Raccoon & Groot – in one massive mini! The Silver Surfer! Beta-Ray Bill! Gladiator! Quasar! Ronan! When the Dire Wraiths strike, Cosmic Masters DnA (THE THANOS IMPERATIVE, THOR/IRON MAN) and Tan Eng Huat (SILVER SURFER, THOR: FIRST THUNDER) assemble the heaviest hitters in all the universe to save the day! And there’s more! Plus: the demented duo of Rocket Raccoon and Groot return for their own, new-reader-friendly adventure! What do you do after you’ve saved the galaxy? DnA and the fabulous Timothy Green II (STAR-LORD) answer that with madcap SF combat and swashbuckling, space-faring mayhem!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|