|Kraven the Hunter|
|Real Name||Anastasia Tatiana Kravinoff |
|Current Alias||Kraven the Hunter|
|Relatives||Kraven the Hunter (Sergei (father)|
Sasha Kravinoff (mother, deceased)
|Base Of Operations||Mobile|
|Creators||Marc Guggenheim, Joe Kelly, Mike McKone, Phil Jimenez|
As the 12-year-old daughter of Sasha Kravinoff and Sergei Kravinoff, Anastasia Kravinoff (Russian: Анастасия Кравинофф) began to stalk her father's archenemy, Spider-Man, because she blamed him for his suicide.
Tracking Spider-Man to the apartment shared between Peter Parker and Officer Vin Gonzales, she mistakenly kidnapped Vin, believing him to be Spider-Man. Peter returned to the apartment unaware that Vin had been kidnapped, and believed Vin had found a Spider-Man costume in the apartment and figured out Peter's identity. In the sewers, Ana injected Vin with MGH to make him more of a challenge to hunt when Vermin found them both in his territory and attacked them. Unfortunately, Vermin was no match for Ana's superior hunting skills, and was ultimately defeated, leaving Ana to get back to her fun of hunting 'Spider-Man' in the sewers. While looking for Vin at his precinct, Peter disguised in one of Daredevil's costumes (which had eyelids to allow him to see) learned that a drug dealer had sold MGH to a young woman who claimed to have captured Spider-Man. Arriving at the dealer's territory, Peter was able to figure out where Vin was being held, running into and fighting Vermin along the way. Spider-Man (as Daredevil) battled Ana with Vin Gonzales and was able to rescue him when Vermin returned and attacked Ana. Although she failed in her hunt of Spider-Man, she brought Vermin home as a trophy for her mother.
Madame Web saw a vision of Ana hunting "spiders", and was eventually captured and held with Mattie Franklin by Ana and Sasha Kravinoff.
Superhuman Strength and Speed: Ana seems to possess some amount of strength and speed due to the fact that she was able to hold her own in fights with Spider-Man and Vermin.
- Martial artist: Ana is a master of Krav Maga and many other armed and unarmed forms of combat and her skill is great enough to easily beat superhuman opponents (like Spider-Man) in one-on-one combat. Her fighting style is highly instinctive and unpredictable in nature. Ana has developed a unique fighting style using great timing and technique to land highly damaging moves to quickly disable her opponents. During combat she is able to constantly change her rhytm to confuse her opponent. She also mentioned she exposes openings in her defense on purpose to draw in attacks she can counter. Reading her opponents movements she is able to constantly adapt and counter their actions.
- Weapons: Ana masters the usage of melee weapons such as swords, axes, staves,clubs, batons, whips and spears. However due to her hunting experience she mostly uses knives.
- Master markswoman: Ana uses all sorts of ranged weaponry during her life. She possesses great accuracy and skill with guns, bow and arrow, crossbows, sniper rifles, blow darts, bolas, throwing spears, throwing nets and boomerangs. She rarely misses her target.
- Master hunter and tracker: Ana is one of Earth's best hunters. She possesess astonishing tracking abilites and is even able to track Spider-Man across rooftops, furthermore she can pickup her prey's trail from small details in the area. She also has enormous hunting experience, knowing many special hunting methods and animal specific habits. She also mastered techniques to track and hunt all kinds of superpowered individuals without their notice.
- Master tactician and strategist: Ana has a brilliant tactical mind and often deploys elaborate traps to surprise her foes. She is able to think several steps ahead and predict the actions of her opponents. Studying her opponents Ana is able to use their own skills, weapons, methods and habbits against them. Ana's observatory skills are top-notch and she can patiently wait for hours just to find the perfect moment to strike. Her plots allowed her to outsmart and capture all kinds of superhuman individuals.
- Medical knowledge/Toxicology: She is very familiar with medicine and with exotic poisons, drugs, plants, tranquilizers and their effect on both animal and human anatomy. She has amassed a great knowledge about animal biology and has moderate knowledge about human anatomy as well. Anna can design various poisons with different effects. Using her blowpipe she can quickly inject targets with poison darts.
Her arrogance is a reason of defeat.
- Her full first name is revealed as Anastasia in Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Black Cat #1 in flashback.
Given Russian naming conventions Ana's gender would be expressed with a slightly different last name Anastasia Kravinova would be a more accurate form given the fact that slavic languages take into account the speakers gender.
- 33 Appearances of Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616)
- Media Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616)
- Anastasia Kravinoff (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|