- I can't let a common cold put me out of action! Otherwise, next time around, I'm liable to cry uncle if I develop some dandruff... or a case of chaffed lips! I might even become the only super-hero in town who won't fight because he's got acne!
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "The Wings of the Vulture!"Edit
- Vulture (Blackie Drago) (First appearance)
- Adrian Toomes
- Kraven the Hunter (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- J. Jonah Jameson (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- United States of America
- Spider-Man's Suit
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Vulture's Wings
- Blackie Drago's short wave receiver(?)
- Blackie Drago's helmet
- Police Cars
- Harry Osborn's Car
Synopsis for "The Wings of the Vulture!"Edit
As Spider-Man searches the city for trace of Kraven the Hunter, at the nearby prison Adrian Toomes is apparently on his death bed, following an accident. Before he seemingly dies, he tells his cellmate Blackie Drago the location of a spare set of Vulture wings. Once he learns of their location, Drago reveals that the his "accident" was planned in the hopes that Toomes would reveal the location of the wings so that once Drago gets out of prison he can use the technology for his own personal gain.
That night, Drago manages to sneak out of the prison, and finds Toome's spare set of wings: hidden in a hiding place near the prison. Drago manages to escape before the guards can capture him, mastering how to use the wings in moments and flying away.
Peter has given up his search for Kraven for a while, when he realizes that he's coming down with a cold from all his winter time web-slinging. When he hears news of the new Vulture on the prowl he goes out to find the new Vulture in spite of his illness. This ends up working against him, as the new Vulture manages to defeat him easily before flying away and leaving Spider-Man unconscious in the snow.
This story is continued next issue...
- The first Vulture previously appeared in Annual 1 where he joined the Sinister Six for the first time and issue 18 where he's still incarcerated. He will appear next in issue 63 where he will overcome his injury and will don the Vulture equipment again.
- First appearance of Gwen's new hairdo.
- An awesome aggregation of airborne thrills by:
- Stan Lee and John Romita
- Learnedly lettered by: Whammy Sammy Rosen
- references: Amazing Spider-Man #47 and Daredevil #27
- Page 19, Panel 5 bests fits the image on the cover.
- Ironically, Blackie started his Vulture spree the same way Adrian started his, stealing a briefcase of bonds/payroll bag from the person making the street delivery. Also, Blackie's second job of robbing a jewelry store is similar from when in Adrian's second appearance, his first job back was robbing a jewelry store.
- Blackie's prison number is 40817060, while Adrian's is 1097201
Anna Watson appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man # 47
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|