Appearing in "Of Wages and Wars"Edit
- James Johnsmeyer
- Rhino (Aleksei Sytsevich)
- Joystick (Janice Yanizeski)
- Polestar (Thomas Duffy) (First appearance)
- Spider-Clone's Skeleton
- Jackal (Miles Warren) (Only in flashback)
- "Spider-Clone" (Peter Parker) (Only in flashback)
- Mary Jane Watson-Parker (Only in flashback)
- Jessica Carradine (Only in flashback)
- Seward Trainer (Comatose)
- Carolyn Trainer
Races and Species:
- Aegean Sea
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Of Wages and Wars"Edit
A skeleton in a Spider-Man costume is found in the Brooklyn Incinerating plant smokestack (PPSSM #231,'96). Spidey steals it from the morgue (SenSM #2, '96). Meanwhile, the recently revived Kaine refuses James Johnsmeyer's offer to join the Great Game and escapes with Great Game player Muse (PPSSM #231 ,'96). Johnsmeyer contacts the other Great Game sponsors and suggests including Kaine and Spider-Man in a First Blood match. As Kaine and Muse hide out in a warehouse, the Rhino, a new Game player, attacks them. Soon Joystick and Polestar join in. Spidey follows news helicopters to the scene and enters the melee. Meanwhile, Carolyn Trainer visits her hospitalized comatose father Seward and states it's obvious he won't survive much longer. Kaine drops a building on Rhino while Spidey crushes Joystick's wrist conduits, then knocks out Polestar. Kaine, Muse, and Joystick all escape. However, Muse checks in with Johnsmeyer. She is still working for him and manipulating Kaine to serve his Great Game purposes. This first fight, with Kaine and Spidey prevailing, was profitable for Johnsmeyer already.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|