- This wasn't about me-- about Spider-Man or Scarlet Spider-- this was directed at Steward!! The man who became my friend-- my-- ...mentor-- the man who believed in me-- and pulled me back from the edge!! Someone's after him-- trying to kill him-- and whoever he is, he's about to find out just how big if a mistake he's made!!!
Appearing in "The Worth of a Man"Edit
- Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) (Main story and flashback)
- Doctor Octopus (Carolyn Trainer) (First appearance) (Appears in shadow only)
- Dave (First appearance) (motel customer) (Only in flashback)
- Elliot (First appearance) (motel clerk) (Only in flashback)
- New York City
- Rachel (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Worth of a Man"Edit
Ben decides to leave the Spidey identity to Peter and leave town (WoSM #128, '95) but wrecks his motorcycle, making him believe he doesn't want to leave after all. Meanwhile, Peter wakes up from a vivid, horrifying nightmare but can't remember any of it. Ben gets Seward's permission to use his Vermont cabin but receives a frantic call there from Seward telling him to get out of the house.. .now! Just after Ben exits, the cabin explodes. Ben returns to Seward's New York lab, finding it trashed and infested by metallic tentacled balls that wrap him up and jolt him with electricity into unconsciousness. Meanwhile, Seward cowers, an apparent prisoner in a room whose door is closed and locked by another tentacle.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|