Appearing in "Shaw's Gambit"Edit
- Sebastian Shaw
- Fritz (Terrorist) (Only Appearance)
- Hans (Terrorist) (Only Appearance)
- Dr. Doom (Behind the scenes)
- Kingpin (Behind the scenes)
- Loki (Behind the scenes)
- Magneto (Behind the scenes)
- Mandarin (Behind the scenes)
- Red Skull (Behind the scenes)
- Wizard (Behind the scenes)
- Amber (Flash's Date) (Only Appearance)
- Steve (Kid) (Only Appearance)
- Stan (Kid) (Only Appearance)
- New York
Synopsis for "Shaw's Gambit"Edit
The villains behind the "Acts of Vengeance" have approached Sebastian Shaw, asking him to destroy Spider-Man: suspecting his old foe Magneto expects the power-boosted wall-crawler to destroy him. Shaw instead offers the Hulk money to kill the web-slinger. In New York, Spidey uses his new powers to quickly defeat terrorists holding the Statue of Liberty Pete and MJ have dinner with Flash Thompson and "the love of his life", Amber, who turns out to be boorish and uncouth. The next morning, Shaw drops the Hulk in Manhattan. He and Spidey fight. With the sun coming up, the Hulk challenges Spidey to a Roosevelt Island fight the next night and leaps away before becoming Bruce Banner. That night, the battle continues with two kids stepping in to defend Spidey. Concerned that the Hulk will harm the kids, Spidey hits him so hard he ends up in orbit. Spidey flies up and saves him. In return, the Hulk promises not to kill him and departs. Concerned over nearly murdering the Hulk, Peter wishes his new powers would go away. Shaw wants to find a way to insure that happens.
- This is the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man by noted artist/creator Todd MacFarlane.
- This issue is part of the Acts of Vengeance crossover event.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- ACTS OF VENGEANCE tie-in!!
- Sebastian Shaw has been tasked with killing Spider-Man!
- The Incredible Hulk comes to town to pick a fight with the Web-Head. Too bad for him, Spidey has new powers.
- Plus, more of Spidey's strange, new power is revealed.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|