- I can't believe all that's happened in the last twenty-four hours! Mary Jane announced that she's always known that I'm Spider-Man! I have an argument with Black Cat, and a real doozie of a nightmare! Not only do I learn that my costume's alive, but I'm also the butt of one of the Human Torch's sick pranks!
Appearing in "The Sinister Secret of Spider-Man's New Costume!"Edit
- Spider-Man / Bombastic Bag-Man (Peter Parker) (See Chronology) (Recap and main story) (First appearance as Bombastic Bag-Man)
- Mary Jane Watson (Recap and main story)
- Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) (Recap and main story)
- Fantastic Four
- Spider-Man's Black Suit (See Chronology) (Revealed to be a Symbiote)
- The Rose
- Mr. Johnston
- Mr. Varley
- Fireheart Enterprises
- Gayle Watson (Photo)
- Aunt May (Recap)
- Joe Robertson (Recap)
- Hobgoblin (Recap)
- Jack O'Lantern (Jason Macendale) (Recap)
- H.U.B.E.R.T. (Last appearance)
- Beyonder (Mentioned)
- Galactus (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Recap and main story)
- United States of America (Recap and main story)
- Battleworld (Mentioned)
- Hobgoblin's Suit (Recap and main story)
- Spider-Man's Suit (Dream)
- Fantastic Four Uniforms
Synopsis for "The Sinister Secret of Spider-Man's New Costume!"Edit
As Peter tries to stop MJ from leaving, the Black Cat arrives, confirming MJ's beliefs that he is Spider-Man. Both depart, but Peter stops the Cat by inadvertently shooting webbing at her, convincing her that he cares.
Back in New Mexico, Thomas Fireheart instructs Jenna to assemble a dossier on Spider-Man. Meanwhile, MJ packs a bag until she spies a photo of her sister, reminding her that she runs away from every problem. A depressed Peter falls asleep and his costume takes him web-swinging. Peter dreams that his new and old costumes fight over him, then wakes up in bed, having slept the day away. Decided to find out what kind of alien material his suit is made from, he visits the Baxter Building. He meets the Human Torch and Mister Fantastic there. Reed Richards examines his costume, determining that it is a living, highly evolved symbiote that immediately tries to permanently graft itself to Spider-Man's body. Reed and Torch not only drive it off with a sonic blaster and a burst of flame, but also hold it in a special container.
The Human Torch provides Spider-Man with an old Fantastic Four uniform and a paper bag (with a "Kick Me" sign on his back) to preserve his secret identity, and brings him to a nearer street to Peter's flat. Heading home, Spider-Man breaks up a gunfight and is ambushed by reporters who label him the "Unknown Super-Hero." Later, Mary Jane visits Peter, promising to reveal her own secrets. Meanwhile, the captured symbiote hates and hungers for revenge.
Characters in this story also appear in other stories between this issue. The affected characters are:
- According to Web of Spider-Man #30, the Hobgoblin featured in this issue is Ned Leeds, brainwashed by Roderick Kingsley into believing he was the original Hobgoblin.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- At last, the answer to the question on everybody's minds: Just what makes Spidey's new costume work? Reed Richards is going to find out — and you will too if you read this issue! This Marvel milestone also guest-stars the Human Torch.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|