Appearing in "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut!"Edit
- New York City Police Department
- X-Men (Vision)
- Avengers (Vision)
- Fantastic Four (Vision)
- New York City
- Black Tom's Yacht
Synopsis for "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut!"Edit
Madame Web sees visions that she will be attacked by a large figure which just happens to be The Juggernaut. So she contacts Spider-man to defend her by stopping the unstoppable Juggernaut.Black Tom Cassidy wants Madame Web to join him and Juggernaut in order to be able to predict X-men movements and so defeat them in future battles. In the mood for real action, Juggernaut leaves Black Tom Cassidy's yacht and crosses under the harbor waters until Battery Park. He gets the surface there and starts his way straight to Madame Web's appartment.
In the meantime Madame web contacts by phone with Peter Parker in his appartment and asks him for help. But since she does not know any details he leaves to the Daily Bugle. There he talks with Glory Grant and together meet a returning Betty Brant. Then Madame Web phones him and tells about Juggernaut arriving to Battery Park.
Peter runs to there and tries to stop Juggernaut unsuccessfully. Right afterwards he tries to reach the Avengers or the Fantastic four but they both are not at home. Madame Web tells him Juggernaut's power is related to the Cyttorak ruby so Spìdey goes to Dr Strange's mansion, but Wong tells him his master is also out.
So Spidey is alone with the police to try stopping Juggernaut. And all of them fail as Juggernaut arrives at Madame Web's apartment and takes her out of her chair. This makes her almost die and so Spidey tells Juggernaut. This decides to leave Madame Web on the floor and quits.Spider-man reanimates her and an ambulance brings her to the hospital. Decided not to leave Juggernaut escape after having almost killed Madame Web, Spidey goes to catch him.
- The depiction of the original twin towers at the site of the World Trade Center should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- Glory Grant figures that Peter must be having problems with a woman. She's partially correct. Peter is still reeling from the apparent demise of the Black Cat in Amazing Spider-Man #227.
- Betty Brant returns after a leave of absence to sort out her marital problems. She married Ned Leeds in Amazing Spider-Man #156. She returned to New York in Amazing Spider-Man #183 when her marriage was strained and tried to renew her old romance with Peter Parker. Ultimately, she ended up returning to her husband in Amazing Spider-Man #195.
- Madam Webb attempts to contact the Fantastic Four and the Avengers to help with the Juggernaut. However, both teams are currently absent. At the time of this story the Avengers are in space fighting their former teammate Moondragon, as seen in Avengers #219, while the Fantastic Four are in Wakanda battling Gaius Tiberius in Fantastic Four #241.
- Wong states that Doctor Strange is away. At the time of this story he and the Defenders were on Earth-712 battling the Squadron Supreme and Null the Living Darkness as depicted in Defenders #112-116. Wong also points out that Spider-Man should seek the aid of the X-Men have had prior dealings with the Juggernaut. Wong would know this since X-Men #32-33 when Strange assisted the mutants against the Juggernaut.
- Speaking of the X-Men, Madam Web states that they are also beyond her reach. At the time of this story, the X-Men were in the Shi'ar galaxy, as seen in Uncanny X-Men #156-157.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- This Comic Book was referenced in Marvel: Avengers Alliance and is one of the Comic Book Covers required in order to recruit Juggernaut in the game.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|