Appearing in "Hammerhead Is Out!"Edit
- Aunt Anna (Mentioned)
- Ronald Reagan (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- K.J. Clayton (Mentioned)
- Betty Brant (Mentioned)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Hammerhead Is Out!"Edit
Falling to his doom, Spider-Man escapes this fate by creating a web-hang glider, even though he makes a rough landing. Fixing up his Spider-Man costume at his apartment, Peter is stuck dealing with Glory Grant who pops by for a visit, and Mary Jane who rushes over to Peter's apartment when she learns of the damage and sudden disappearance of Aunt May. Peter plays dumb, hoping for some way to get out of there so he can resume his search for Aunt May as Spider-Man. He gets just what he wishes for when Joe Robertson calls him and asks him to come to the Bugle.
There, Peter is only asked to check out the spectacle of Jameson's latest replacement secretary since Betty Brant went on her honeymoon with Ned Leeds. When word about Dr. Octopus kidnapping an old woman and taking control of Brooklyn Labs gets out, Peter rushes out there as Spider-Man.
There, Dr. Octopus is building a device he hopes will destroy the ghost of Hammerhead which has been haunting him since Hammerhead's supposed death. However, he is delayed by not only the arrival of the Hammerhead ghost, who has terrorizing both May and Octopus but the arrival of Spider-Man.
However, Spider-Man's intervention allows for Hammerhead's spirit floating into the path of the device. Octopus actives the control hoping to be rid of his tormentor forever, however, something entirely unexpected happens: Hammerhead is restored back to a physical body.
- The sight of the original twin towers as the site of the World Trade Center in the New York City skyline should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. The towers were destroyed during a terrorist attack in 2001. The timescale has moved forward enough that the Modern Age no longer starts until after 2001 and continues to push forward with every year.
- Jameson has been dealing with new secretaries since his usual secretary Betty Brant got married in Amazing Spider-Man #156.
- Aunt May is with Doctor Octopus because she isn't aware that he is a criminal. This has been the case since Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1.
- Hammerhead has been stuck in a spectral form since getting caught in a nuclear explosion in Amazing Spider-Man #131.
- Inks: uncredited backgrounds by Hunt.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|