Appearing in "...To Become an Avenger!"Edit
- The Avengers
- Aunt May
- Daily Bugle Staff
- United States of America
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Spider-Signal
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Peter Parker's Motorcycle
Synopsis for "...To Become an Avenger!"Edit
The Avengers have assembled and are trying to determine whether or not to invite Spider-Man into their esteemed ranks. After much debate and confusion, they decide to invite Daredevil to get more information. He shows up and gives strong praise in Spider-Man having seen him fight against The Ringmaster. After his endorsement, the Avengers unanimously vote to test Spider-Man, and if he passes, to accept him. Each Avenger takes off to find Spider-Man. Thor is the first to find him, and gives him 24 hours to show to the Avengers headquarters. Pete wrestles with the idea of being on a team in the public eye versus being self-employed and calling the shots himself.
Finally, he decides to take a chance and meet the Avengers. As he arrives, the Avengers are bogged down as to what test they should give Spider-Man. Iron Man tells him to get out of the way as they figure out what they want to do. Spider-Man takes great offense and figures that riling him up is the test so Spider-Man begins to fight the Avengers. Instead, they decide to have Spider-Man bring Hulk to them but Spider-Man leaves before they can explain why. As he stops at The Daily Bugle for refreshment, Frederick Foswell tells J. Jonah Jameson that the Hulk has been spotted at a gamma ray research center. While fighting the Hulk, he punches and a gamma ray explodes temporarily turning him back into Bruce Banner.
Spider-Man tries to explain his purpose there, but ends up wondering why the Avengers want a sick man, not an evil villain. He lets Hulk go and tells the Avengers he couldn’t be found. The Avengers didn’t tell Spider-Man that they wanted to help him, but Spider-Man feared he would lead Hulk to his doom. Pete, conflicted by the result, tries to tell himself it’s for the best.
Appearing in "Turning Point"Edit
See Amazing Spider-Man #11
Synopsis for "Turning Point"Edit
Appearing in "Unmasked by Dr. Octopus"Edit
Amazing Spider-Man #12
Synopsis for "Unmasked by Dr. Octopus"Edit
- It is mentioned that the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in Europe at the time of this story. This happened in Avengers #31. At the time they believed that their powers were fading and they could be restored by reconnecting with their homeland.
- Daredevil vouches for Spider-Man, recounting their previous encounters in Amazing Spider-Man #16, as well as Daredevil #16-17.
- Spider-Man notes that the Hulk doesn't remember him from their last encounter. The narration states that was Amazing Spider-Man #14, however, he clashed him shortly thereafter, as seen in a flashback in Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America #4. The omission is obviously because Fallen Son was printed decades later.
- Although Spider-Man doesn't get membership in the Avengers, he finally gets membership in Avengers #329 as a reserve member.
- In ...To Become An Avenger! layouts by Romita, finishes by Heck.
- Also features reprints of Amazing Spider-Man #11 and Amazing Spider-Man #12
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|