- It's a cinch you don't, panty-waist! You'd probably faint if you ever caught sight of 'im!
- -- Flash Thompson, in reference to Spider-Man
Appearing in "Marked for Destruction by Dr. Doom!"Edit
- Aunt May
- J. Jonah Jameson
- "Spider-Man" (Flash Thompson)
- Liz Allan
- Seymour O'Reilly
- Betty Brant
- Sally Avril
- Fantastic Four
- Peter Parker's High School Classmates
- United States of America
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Utility Belt
- Spider-Man's Spider-Signal
- Spider-Sense Transmitter (Doctor Doom) (First appearance)
- Spider Detector (Doctor Doom) (First appearance)
- Doctor Doom's Armor
Synopsis for "Marked for Destruction by Dr. Doom!"Edit
After a report by J. Jonah Jameson about the "menace" of Spider-Man, Peter (in order to avoid any suspicion that he's really Spider-Man) speaks negatively about his alter ego, earning him harsh words from Flash Thompson. Meanwhile, Dr. Doom had seen this same report, and decided that after surviving his last encounter battling the Fantastic Four, that perhaps Spider-Man would make for a good partner to eliminate his mortal foes.
Using a device which sends out a signal that effects Peter's Spider-Sense, Peter goes to it as Spider-Man. Doom offers Spider-Man an alliance. Spider-Man naturally refuses and brief battle ensues in which Spider-Man escapes. While back at Midtown High, Flash has decided to play a prank on Peter Parker by giving him a "scare" in his new Spider-Man costume in the hopes of getting Parker to have more respect for Spider-Man.
This prank backfires, as Dr. Doom begins trying to track down Spider-Man to get revenge. As Thompson is near Peter when Doom is tracking Spider-Man, he captures Thompson instead. Doom then sends out a message to the Fantastic Four to battle him or Spider-Man will be killed. Peter at first believes that Flash deserves his fate, but his sense of responsibility sends him out to rescue Flash anyway.
Spider-Man goes to Flash's rescue, and manages to hold his own against Doom's weapons and attacks. However, when the Fantastic Four arrive as well, Doom decides to flee the battle. Spider-Man decides to leave as well, leaving the Fantastic Four to rescue Thompson, hoping that he learns his lesson. The next day at school he sees otherwise, as Flash boasts about his experience, Peter needing to keep his identity as Spider-Man secret, of course cannot say anything otherwise.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 5
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 2
- Marvel Tales Vol 2 142
- Essential Series Vol 1 Spider-Man 1
- Spider-Man Classics Vol 1 6
- Pocket Book Series Vol 1 Amazing Spider-Man 1
- Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man 1
- Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 1 1
- Epic Collection Vol 1 Amazing Spider-Man 1
- Spider-Man Collectible Series Vol 1 8
|Like this? Let us know!|