Macedonia in ancient Greece from 356 to 323 B.C. Presumably, his history on Earth-616 is mostly similar to that of his real world counterpart.
Travel in Hyborian Age
At some point in his career, Alexander the Great and his armies passed through a strange blue mist that carried them back in time some 10,000 years before his birth to the Hyborian Age. In this time, Alexander and his armies built the city of Attalus, forming the Grecian Dynasty. He and his armies then began marching eastward when the strange mist lifted sending Alexander and his party back to their own time.
Due to his brief travel to the Hyborian era, the women and soldiers who stayed behind in Attalus were stranded when Alexander and the others were brought back to their own era. These people continued the Grecian Empire in this era. As legends of their founder became antiquated, Alexander was eventually known as Iskander, and the people of Attalus waited for his return. Years later, the kingdom of Attalus came under the rule of Ptolemy, was friend with the city of Harakht, and was visited once by Conan the Barbarian.
In 330 B.C., as Alexander the Great and his armies fought alongside the Nile River to liberate the region from Persian invaders. This battle was witnessed by the eternal mutant known as Apocalypse, who chastised his people for siding with one conqueror to defeat another, considering it a weakness. Following his victory and conquest of Egypt, Alexander sought to establish himself as a God among the people, as an oracle had stated that Zeus was the preeminent god and that himself would be a god upon his death. Learning of that Apocalypse was worshiped as a god as well, brought an army to the domain of the undying mutant. When Apocalypse heard Alexander's claims of godhood, he merely laughed at the mortal. Such a sinister laugh this was that Alexander the Great and his armies fled.
It is unknown if he became a god upon his death as stated by the oracle.
Horseman, swordsman, scholar and tactic
- 6 Appearances of Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616)
- Media Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616)
- Alexander of Macedon (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Conan the Barbarian #79
- ↑ Wikipedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Conan the Barbarian #85: The Hyborian Page
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Captain America: Hail Hydra #2
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #79-80
- ↑ X-Men: The Search for Cyclops #1
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #457
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #2; Egypt's entry
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #2; Iraq's entry
|Like this? Let us know!|