- User Status: Not okay. We are we. We are together. But. We are alone.
- -- Pod src
Aikku Jokinen was an ethnically-Finnish Norwegian girl in the proximity of the crash landing of one of Ex Nihilo's creations, the Pod System Armor, which was launched towards the planet by an "evolution bomb" and designed to serve as Earth's self-defense mechanism.
Aikku was bonded with the suit, and remained in a cocoon, which was discovered by A.I.M.. Once she hatched from her cocoon, with her mind having been taken over by the armor, Pod proceeded to fly to Australia where the Avengers were fighting other creations of Ex Nihilo's in Perth.
She quickly defeated the Avengers, adapting to their attacks and strategies, and was soon confronted by Deidre Wentworth, who managed to capture Pod once more for experimentation, firstly by placing her in the space between two dead universes.
When Bobby da Costa became the leader of A.I.M., he rescued Pod and stored her in his office. After he decided to tackle the problem the incursions represented, Sunspot sent Pod with Shang-Chi to Japan, to activate the self-replicating mechanism for Earth, that created an army of duplicates of Shang-Chi.
Pod eventually became Sunspot's bodyguard and a member of the New Avengers. An A.I.M. engineer, Dr. Toni Ho, became interested on studying her, and while running a diagnostic on her, Aikku revealed she had become increasingly lonely ever since her girlfriend, Darja, told her she couldn't love her because of what she had become.
As Toni continued investigating Pod and started to fall in love with the person within the armor, she discovered that while Aikku could come out of the suit, the process would cause the Pod A.I. system to reset and effectively terminate its current self, which meant that it wasn't the armor itself what forced Aikku to give up on a normal life, rather her desire to sustain Pod. Barely a few moments after making this discovery, Pod and Toni were targeted by the Maker and Skar when the New Revengers attacked A.I.M.'s Avenger Base Two, and Pod was fatally damaged.
The injuries to Pod's body were of such an extent that the suit wasn't capable of healing both Aikku and itself, so it chose its user, and freed her from the armor as it went offline. Aikku still retained a portion of the Pod armor, an undersuit that was more streamlined in appearance, but suffered great grief over the loss of Pod.
Aikku was subsequently aided in getting used to the mechanics of the Pod Undersuit by Toni. After the pair shut down A.G.M., an A.I.M. splinter group, Aikku expressed her gratitude for Toni's support and both girls confessed their feelings for each other, then shared a kiss before joining the newest A.I.M., a joint operation between S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.S. Army.
Aikku Jokinen is a regular human with no super-human abilities. She previously exhibited various powers due to her interaction as the user interfaced with an artificially intelligent armor derived from advanced alien technologies, and later retained some capability with the armor's undersuit.
Bilingual: In addition to speaking Norwegian, her mother tongue, Aikku is partially fluent in English.
Enigma Suit: When Aikku and the Pod System Armor were fatally injured, the sentient suit gave up its life to heal Aikku; however, its undersuit remained with the young girl, giving her the following abilities:
- Energy Blasts: Aikku can unleash energy blasts from her hands.
- Density Manipulation: Pod's undersuit is capable of altering its own density, to the point of rendering herself hard as a diamond.
- Image Inducer: Engima's armor comes equipped with a holographic disguise, which gives Aikku the possibility to appear unarmored while actually having the armor on.
- The seven "Origin Bombs" that Ex Nihilo was able to successfully seed the Earth with corresponded to certain attributes that their creator considered essential to a functioning sentient organism which he was trying to turn the Earth into. Pod's function was "Self-Defense."
- Aikku is seemingly homosexual, as she was said to have had a girlfriend and later shared feelings with Toni Ho.
- 35 Appearances of Aikku Jokinen (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Aikku Jokinen (Earth-616)
- Media Aikku Jokinen (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 34 Images featuring Aikku Jokinen (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Aikku Jokinen (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Aikku Jokinen (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 U.S.Avengers #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Avengers Vol 5 #38
- ↑ Avengers Vol 5 #4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Avengers Vol 5 #15
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Avengers Vol 5 #16
- ↑ Avengers Vol 5 #17
- ↑ Avengers Vol 5 #36
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #1
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #3
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 New Avengers Vol 4 #13
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 New Avengers Vol 4 #15
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 New Avengers Vol 4 #18
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 U.S.Avengers #3
|Like this? Let us know!|