The terrain of Aesgaard comprised three separate zones:
- The southern lowlands were forest areas.
- The central areas contained a sizeable tundra.
- The northernmost areas were mountainous and permanently covered in snow.
The local population were called Aesir. They were typically blonde-haired and blue-eyed. They were fierce warriors, though with a taste for nocturnal revelry. They were not unified politically, as each tribe has its own leader. They were a nation, however, through sharing the same culture and religion. Their supreme deity was Ymir. The Aesir maintained hereditary enmity with the Vanir (of Vanaheim) and the Hyperboreans. They maintained a long-standing informal alliance with the Cimmerians.
Following the path told by Maheeva, Conan and Veden Kamal climbing beyond the tip of Aesgaard over the frozen mountains to reach the Valley of Eternal Darkness and retrieve the Jewelled Sword of Tem.
Points of Interest
- Aesgaard is a variant spelling of Asgard used by Marvel Comics, most likely to distinguish it from the mythological Asgard.
- Appearances of Aesgaard
- Minor Appearances of Aesgaard
- Media Aesgaard was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Aesgaard
- Images related to Aesgaard
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Aesgaard
Links and References
- ↑ Supernatural Thrillers #3
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #30; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian World of Conan including the World of Kull and An Ethnogeographical Dictionary Part I; Aesir's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #200
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Handbook of the Conan Universe #1
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #164
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #30; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian World of Conan including the World of Kull and An Ethnogeographical Dictionary Part I; Aesgaard's entry