Born of a mortal, Peleus, and a goddess Thetis, Achilles is a demi-god. His mother decided to make her newborn baby invulnerable, so she went to the river Styx, in where she held the young child by his heel. The river gave the child invulnerability except in his heel. Achilles became a great warrior, and fought in the Trojan War, where he was hit in his vulnerable heel with a poisonous arrow shot by Paris I, killing the great warrior. 
Achilles was honored in the afterlife by the Olympian Gods, becoming one of their generals. He and the Myrmidons fought against the armies of Mikaboshi.
Due to his semi-divine birth, Achilles possesses enhanced strength and stamine. After being immersed in the river Styx by his mother, the sea goddess Thetis, Achilles was invulnerable. He could not be harmed by any means, but a wound in his ankles (the only point of his body to not being wet by the Styx, wet, because from there his mother held him to be able to immerse in the Styx) could prove certain death.
He was a ruthless warrior with a sword and in unarmed combat
He wore an armor forged by the god Hephaestus.
He carried a sword forged by the god Hephaestus
- 6 Appearances of Achilles (Greek Legend) (Earth-616)
- Media Achilles (Greek Legend) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Achilles (Greek Legend) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Achilles (Greek Legend) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Achilles (Greek Legend) (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Achilles (Greek Legend) (Earth-616)
- Achilles at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|