|Base Of Operations||Formerly Xarth III and Knowhere|
|Creators||Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Wellinton Alves|
The Abyss is the archenemy of the Luminals of Xarth Three. Though they thwarted his plans many times, the Abyss always comes back.
In one last ditched attempt to rid themselves of the Abyss, the Luminals planned to cast him to the ends of the universe. To that end, they came to Knowhere, a small city contained in the severed head of a giant Celestial. Unfortunately, the Abyss attempted to break out of his prison. Once he made a crack, the Abyss began to unleash his wrath upon Knowhere, turning everyone into zombies. A high-grade telepathic dog named Cosmo, who was Knowhere's security chief, ordered any survivors into the dimension envelope on his tag to protect them.
When Richard Rider, the last Nova Centurion, arrived on Knowhere, he was able to seal the Abyss back inside his prison by using the Transmode Virus to repair his prison's mechanisms, thus temporarily ending his reign of terror.
- Able to turn organic into zombies ("meat puppets").
- Fire energy blasts.
- Summon ghost-like beings.
Able to escape from anything, even the more secure prison.
- 3 Appearances of Abyss (Earth-616)
- Media Abyss (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Abyss (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Abyss (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Abyss (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Abyss (Earth-616)
- Characters killed by Abyss
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|