Abigail Mercury was the daughter of magnate Cassandra Mercury. She was afflicted with Crooks' disease, a fatal incurable degenerative genetic illness. Due to her position of influence, Cassandra was approached by the Jackal. The Jackal replaced Abigail with a healthy clone, under the pretense he had cured the real one.
Following the death of most of the clones created by the Jackal, including Abigail's, the real one was retrieved by authorities from Transamerica Pyramid, the Jackal's base, where he kept in suspended animation all of the original people he cloned. Still affected by her disease, Abigail remained in a coma at her room in Mercury Rising. Because of Abigail's condition, all Cassandra could do was to wait for her to pass away.
When Cassandra re-encountered Ben Reilly, the Jackal's civilian identity, he requested to see Abigail. The young girl miraculously woke up when he paid her a visit. Reilly then convinced Rita to let him research a way to cure Abigail, under the pretense he actually considered it possible, though she promised to kill him in case Abigail didn't survive.
Abigail eventually died when her body rejected a serum Reilly had cooked up that was meant to slow the progress of her disease. Even though Death then brought her back to life, she still suffered from her disease, thus forcing Ben to try harder to find a way to cure her.
- A statue of Cassandra and Abigail was erected in the lobby of Cassandra's casino, Mercury Rising.
- 7 Appearances of Abigail Mercury (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Abigail Mercury (Earth-616)
- Media Abigail Mercury (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Abigail Mercury (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Abigail Mercury (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Abigail Mercury (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|