- 01000100 01101001 01100101 00100000 01101101 01110101 01110100 01100001 01101110 01110100 00101110
- -- 0101 (saying "Die mutant") src
0101 originated from the combination of a self-replicating nanite swarm and Sentinel A.I. The mutant thief Gambit was hired by Olivia Trask to steal the nanites from Nanostorm, Inc. with the intention to use it for military applications and make a profit out of that. When he learned of Olivia's intentions while delivering the vial containing the swarm, Gambit became suspicious of her and attempted to take back the vial. The swarm was released when one of Trask's guards knocked down Gambit. The nanites interfaced with Trask's computer systems, and mutated into a Sentinel-looking humanoid figure.
The X-Men arrived to the scene once they were alerted by Gambit. 0101 fled after Kitty Pryde used her phasing powers to disrupt its tech. The heroes were quick to catch up with the robot due to the level of destruction it caused in its ensuing rampage through Manhattan. The X-Men discovered not only that 0101 split apart into smaller versions of itself, but also that it was targeting people with any kind of genetic mutation, from victims of cancer to people with colorblindness. Having discovered that 0101 was vulnerable to psychic attacks, Prestige attacked it, causing the Sentinel to disperse further across the city, and knocking herself unconscious in the process.
The X-Men joined forces with numerous other heroes in order to protect the bystanders being targeted by 0101, which had turned itself into an army of killer drones. However, the Sentinel adapted to their attacks faster than they could hit it, and eventually overpowered them all, merging back into its humanoid form afterwards. Having recovered from her attack's backlash and having tapped the full potential of her powers, Prestige attacked 0101 once again, this time destroying most of the swarm for good. At least one nanite remained intact, which went unnoticed.
Nanite body: 0101's body is made of a nanite cloud that allows it to disperse, split apart, and shape-shift.
Adaptive A.I.: The programming 0101 derives from is a type of "sub-luminal" A.I. which can learn from previous experiences.
Psychic attacks: Unlike most Sentinels, 0101 is self-aware and possesses a consciousness, making it vulnerable to psychic attacks.
- Even though this Sentinel is not given a name in-story, it's called "0101" in the solicitation for X-Men: Gold Vol 2 #5.
- In 4-bit binary code, 0101 translates to the number 5.
- At first, 0101 spoke solely in binary code.
- The story where 0101 debuted is named Techno Superior, which might imply that is the denomination of 0101's species.
- 3 Appearances of 0101 (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of 0101 (Earth-616)
- Media 0101 (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 10 Images featuring 0101 (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about 0101 (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: 0101 (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|