After having broke into Mister Sinister's "genetic candy store" and killed the Riptide clone guard, the Jackal used Essex's works and samples to create a new clone: A blonde female clone with both mutant and spider DNA, granted with eye beams, and shape-shifting allowing her to take a giant spider form.
Rampaging in New York
A new born and consequently non-sentient, he released her in New York City in the following days as a test, where she went rampaging in her arachnid form. She quickly clashed with the Police Anti-Spider-Man patrols, who were quickly backed up by "Spider-Man himself".
Beast was able to determine her hybrid origin and stated she wasn't a mutant although she had mutant DNA, and Rachel Summers detected her lack of memories and consciousness, giving a trail to her origin to Octavius, while the X-Men were thinking (and doubting) that this was the work of their foe Mister Sinister.
PowersA human clone with spider and mutant DNA, she was granted with many powers:
- Arachnine Form Shape-shifting: She was able to turn herself into a giant Argiope aurantia, a garden spider, but with only five giant human eyes, granting her the following powers:
- Mucus Spitting: She was able to spit a purple substance with an unknown purpose.
- Biological/Organic Webbing Generation
- Eyes Beams: She was able to fire optic blast through her five eyes in spider-form.
It is unknown what control she has on her shape-shifting power, and if she possess all or part of her powers in human form, but she couldn't assume her spider-form once knocked out.
Like any spider, she is sensitive to changes in air pressure, which can put it into shock if the pressure is changed rapidly enough.
- After being scanned by Shi'ar technology by the Beast, McCoy concluded that this clone had three separate types of DNA strands operating inside her.
- Asked about her whereabouts, Tom Brevoort stated that she had been flunked out of the Jean Grey School. It is unknown if that happened or if Brevoort was joking (although coming from Brevoort, the joke remains a realistic option). As far, this character hasn't been seen either as an X-Man or a student on-panel.
Origin of her DNAs
- As she was a blonde female clone created by the Jackal, it was speculated by fans that she was in fact a Gwen Stacy's clone, as the Jackal has indeed a fetish on Gwen Stacy, but no proof is given, and Otto Octavius, in possession of Parker's memories didn't reacted when she appeared in human form.
- Another hypothesis is that her mutant strand came from Cyclops:
- Appearances of "Spider-Girl" (Mutant/Spider Clone) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of "Spider-Girl" (Mutant/Spider Clone) (Earth-616)
- Media "Spider-Girl" (Mutant/Spider Clone) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring "Spider-Girl" (Mutant/Spider Clone) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about "Spider-Girl" (Mutant/Spider Clone) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: "Spider-Girl" (Mutant/Spider Clone) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|