HistoryEditWolverine discovered through S.H.I.E.L.D. that Dr. Deborah Risman, working for HYDRA, has created a female clone of him. The clone possessed two retractable claws in each hand (instead of three like Wolverine) and one similarly retractable claw in each foot (something Wolverine lacked). The clone was identified only by the codename X23 - the first success after twenty-two failures.
Denied the life of a normal child, X23 was lonely. She had almost no companions and had been under observation her entire life. She had to spend most of her time training to hone her skills.
Angry, X23 decided to get revenge on Wolverine. She invaded the X-Men's mansion looking for him, and when she ran into the other X-Men, she was able to defeat them through stealth with little trouble. When Wolverine confronted her he felt sorry for the girl, so instead of turning her over to S.H.I.E.L.D. like Nick Fury wanted, he let her go.
Later, Wolverine encountered her again, finding her on the run from Hydra's agents as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. She allowed herself and Wolverine to be captured, with the intention of using this as a way into Hydra's mobile HQ. She succeeded in destroying the craft, faking her own death in the process.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Enhanced strength, speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes, hyper-keen senses, healing factor, adamantium retractable hand and toe claws
X23 first appeared in X-Men: Evolution episode number 41 (titled "X23"). X23 was voiced on the series by Brittney Irvin.
- Originally created in the Earth-11052 universe, but has since been created in the Earth-616 universe.
- In the final episode of X-Men: Evolution, what appears to be an adult X23 was briefly shown as a future member of the X-Men in a vision by Professor Xavier.
- 2 Appearances of X23 (Earth-11052)
- 25 Images featuring X23 (Earth-11052)
- Quotations by or about X23 (Earth-11052)
- Character Gallery: X23 (Earth-11052)
- Fan-Art Gallery: X23 (Earth-11052)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: