- Magneto. One major mega-mutant. He's screening out the best from the worst.
Appearing in "The Cauldron,Part II"
- Toad (Todd Tolensky)
- Havok (Alex Summers/Masters) (First appearance as Havok)
- Mystique (Principal Raven Darkholme)
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- Blob (Freddy Dukes)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
- Avalanche (Lance Alvers)
- Sabretooth (Victor Creed)
- Christopher Summers (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Katherine Summers (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Cauldron,Part II"
Magneto is scanning the best from the worst, and placing the winners on Asteroid M. He already has Professor X, Storm, Jean and Rogue trapped, and Avalanche, Quicksilver, Blob, Cyclops and Alex on their own free will. Xavier manages to send a telepathic message to Wolverine to lose his battle with Sabretooth, which he does, and Sabretooth is picked up as well. The "losers" – Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Spyke and Toad – gather at the Institute and leave to Asteroid M in the new metal-free jet, the Velocity. On the asteroid, Magneto manages to convince Scott and Alex to go through an enhancing process, but he doesn't tell them that it also affects their minds, making them believe in his ways. When the Velocity arrives they attack it, and a huge battle begins. Eventually, everybody but Magneto, Mystique and Sabretooth escape in the jet right before the asteroid explodes, and two metal spheres leave as well. Cyclops and Havok return to their normal state.
In the comics, the Summers plane crash was a little different. Scott and Alex only had one parachute, so they held each other. When their parachute went on fire, Scott manifested his mutant power for the first time and shot an optic blast on the ground, slowing their fall. When they hit the ground, Scott received brain damage that made him lose future control over his optic blasts.
In the comics, the Gem of Cyttorak is the mystical gem that gave the Juggernaut his powers. Since in the show 'Survival of the Fittest' Juggernaut's powers were explained as mutant powers enhanced by mysticism, here the gem is used to enhance other mutant powers as well.
- No trivia.
- Discuss "The Cauldron,Part II" on the forums
- Gallery for the X-Men: Evolution series
- "The Cauldron,Part II" on the Marvel Animated Universe Wiki
Links and References