- Your X-Men face a trial by fire. As do my own recruits. Mutant pitted against mutant. One shall lose. One shall win. Only those who emerge victorious shall take their place here on Asteroid M.
Appearing in "The Cauldron,Part I"
- Alex Summers/Masters (First appearance)
- The Brotherhood
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- Sabretooth (Victor Creed)
Synopsis for "The Cauldron,Part I"
After ten years of thinking his brother dead in a plane crash, Scott finds out through Cerebro that his younger brother, Alex Summers, is very much alive in Hawaii and developing mutant powers. He leaves to meet with him, but Alex is noticed also by Magneto, and in the perfect timing for him: the beginning of his plan to gather the strongest mutants on his sanctuary, Asteroid M. As far as Professor X and the Summers brothers are concerned, Magneto already decided they're powerful enough and brings them to Asteroid M. The others, however, need to prove themselves. First, Toad is sent to battle Jean, a battle Jean wins. Then, other battles take place. Storm beats Mystique, Rogue beats Toad, Blob beats Shadowcat, Avalanche beats Nightcrawler, Quicksilver beats Spyke and Sabretooth and Wolverine are still battling. The winners are taken to the asteroid, where Magneto locks Storm, Jean and Rogue. Cyclops, however, to Xavier's horror doesn't need locking.
Cerebro was destroyed by Juggernaut during 'Survival of the Fittest'. This new Cerebro looks very much like the movie one – a huge round room with a bridge.
At the beginning of Storm and Mystique's battle, Storm's mouth moves but Mystique's voice speaks.
- No trivia.
- Discuss "The Cauldron,Part I" on the forums
- Gallery for the X-Men: Evolution series
- "The Cauldron,Part I" on the Marvel Animated Universe Wiki
Links and References