- Hey -- pointless combat is what we do best, buddy!
- -- Iceman
Appearing in "King of Pain (Kings of Pain, Pt. 4)"Edit
- Muir Island X-Men
- New Warriors
- New Mutants
- Andrew Chord
- Harness (Erika Benson)
- Proteus II - (Apparent Death)
- Shadow King
- Captain Britain - (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Captain America - (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Red Guardian - (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Unnamed AIM agents
Synopsis for "King of Pain (Kings of Pain, Pt. 4)"Edit
X-Factor flies to Edinburgh, dimly aware that there is a mutant situation in Scotland. When they arrive, however, they are shocked to see that the city has been transformed into a series of geometrical figures, vaguely resembling people and places. X-Factor finds Proteus at the heart of the matter, and attacks, but finds their attempt to disable him futile, as Proteus easily dispatches each member. Beast finds out the hard way that Proteus is no longer allergic to metal. As they are defeated, the team is transported telepathically into Proteus’ mind, where they experience nothingness. Upon their return, they decide that there are two methods to help Proteus – either convince him to spend his life in a biomechanical shell, or commit suicide. In the end, despite Cable’s protests, Moira MacTaggert convinces Proteus to end his own life, and Proteus’ energy dissipates to the wind once more. Toad and Gideon reveal their reasons for wanting to resurrect Proteus, and toast their status as the Kings of Pain.
Appearing in "Sacrificial Lamb (The Killing Stroke, Pt. 3)"Edit
- Unnamed Iraqi military
- Several American military
- Kuwait City
- Soviet Hind helicopter
- Iraqi Air Force helicopters
Synopsis for "Sacrificial Lamb (The Killing Stroke, Pt. 3)"Edit
Outnumbered and outclasses, Pyro and Blob are surrounded by Desert Sword while on the other side of Kuwait City, Avalanche and Crimson Commando are dying at the feet of Sirocco and Aminedi. Pyro and Blob fight as hard as they can, succeeding in burning Veil to death. Avalanche and Crimson Commando narrowly escape with their lives, with Avalanche bringing the armless Commando to the lift point. Blob and Pyro almost succeed in defeating Desert Sword, but as they call for an evacuation, they find that the American force, led by Avalanche, has recognized the hopelessness of the situation. The Americans abandon Blob and Pyro in the heart of enemy territory, telling them to contact an American unit through the Kuwaiti resistance. Blob and Pyro are surrounded by the remaining members of Desert Sword. Several Iraqi helicopters close in on them. With few options left, they surrender.
Appearing in "Tribute The Third"Edit
- Several cruise ship passengers
- Destiny - (Only in flashback)
- unknown cruise ship at sea
Synopsis for "Tribute The Third"Edit
Mystique is aboard a cruise ship to fulfill Destiny’s last request by scattering her ashes at sea at 10 pm precisely, and also has a letter from Destiny to open just before the ashes are scattered. The letter contains Beatles lyrics, a ring, and a photo. Raven remembers the day the photo was taken, when Destiny begged Raven to cheer up and be happy for once. Irene says that she will make Raven laugh if it is the last thing she ever does. Raven weeps as she throws Destiny’s ashes overboard, as she never did make her smile. However, a gust of wind kicks up, and the ashes fly back in Mystique’s face. She falls to the deck, cursing her luck, then realizes how silly it all is, and begins to laugh hysterically. Raven goes below deck, singing their song.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Factor Annual Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the X-Factor Annual series
- Images from X-Factor Annual Vol 1 6
Links and ReferencesEdit
- X-Factor at Wikipedia
- X-Factor at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Factor series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Factor series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Factor series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/3/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|