Appearing in "Sworn To Protect"Edit
- New X-Men
- Xavier Institute student body
- X-Factor Investigations
- Illuminati (Mentioned)
- New York State
- Above Connecticut
Synopsis for "Sworn To Protect"Edit
Professor Xavier admits to the Hulk that while he wouldn't have agreed to a permanent exile, he would have voted to send him away while the Illuminate searched for a cure. He admits he would have been guilty of playing god, but offers to surrender willingly. However, the Astonishing X-Men Squad, Colossus, Beast, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Wolverine and Kitty Pryde, will not allow the Hulk to take Xavier without a fight.
Cyclops blasts Hulk with the full force of his optic blasts, but Hulk wades through the blasts and grabs his head, stopping his attack. Kitty phases Scott out of Hulk's fist. Wolverine, Beast and Colossus attack Hulk, while Professor X drags away the injured Cyclops, telling them this is madness. Kitty then phases Hulk into the ground and merges him with it. She says she didn't like the idea of crippling a man but added that he's still dangerous, and when Colossus suggests imprisoning him somewhere, they discuss the possible safe locations. Hulk bursts out of the ground unharmed and tells them to go to hell, and levels them with one of his thunderclaps.
As the X-Men begin to fall, the Stepford Cuckoos send out a telepathic distress call to X-factor, Uncanny X-Men Squad and Excalibur. Juggernaut, frustrated that he is an ocean away, strikes a bargain with Cyttorak that allows him to be transported immediately to the Hulk.
Meanwhile, Cyclops' X-Men are falling faster than they can be healed by Elixir. The Hulk defeats Colossus, breaking his arms, but Colossus refuses to back down, but Wolverine interrupts the battle and saves him. During their battle, Wolverine slashes Hulk across the eyes, but Hulk was expecting this. Grabbing Wolverine, Hulk bashes his head against the ground multiple times, incapacitating him. Wolverine is saved by the timely arrival of Juggernaut, but without his full powers or his armor, he is beaten. Just as Hulk thinks he has defeated all the X-Men, X-factor and the Uncanny X-Men arrive.
- Takes place during the events of World War Hulk #1. 
- It's an all-out action issue as the Astonishing X-Men battle the Hulk in defense of Professor Xavier's dream! You've never seen a Hulk/Wolverine matchup this savage! Plus, what other members of the extended X-Men family will respond to the distress call...and will there be anything left when they do? Featuring Juggernaut!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World War Hulk: X-Men Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World War Hulk: X-Men series
- Images from World War Hulk: X-Men Vol 1 2
Links and ReferencesEdit
- World War Hulk - X-Men #2 at Grand Comics Database
- World War Hulk - X-Men #2 at comicbookdb.com
|Like this? Let us know!|