- You ever try to remember something and just couldn't? Ya know, ya wrack yer brains for hours and it's just out of reach, like an itch in the middle o' your back? Half my life is like that, Charlie... gimme a break.
- -- Wolverine
Appearing in "Prophecy"Edit
- KGB border guards
- Janice Hollenbeck (In an illusion or vision)
- Elena (In an illusion or vision) (First appearance)
- Elvis Presley (In an illusion or vision)
- John F. Kennedy (In an illusion or vision)
- Jackie Kennedy
- Neil Armstrong
- Fidel Castro (In an illusion or vision)
Synopsis for "Prophecy"Edit
Ottawa, Canada: Wolverine has come to the Prophecy hostle thinking it's 1968 and that he is on a mission to deal with Terry Austin. Going up to old room number #23, where his original mission would find him a cache of weapons, money and various fake identifications. Sure enough, even though so much has changed in the decades that has passed. Taking a crowbar to the floor boards he finds the stash when he is visited by the spirit of Janice Hollenbeck whom he tells that he was inspired to come here after he had a hallucination while playing pinball in Westchester and decided to finish his mission involving Terry Austin. When he leaves, his room is inspected by the hostel owners who find nothing but weapons and decide that it's best to call the RCMP.
While at the X-Mansion, the X-Men find Wolverine's room in shambles. Professor Xavier blames himself, as he explains to his students that he had attempted to unlock the memory blocks in Logan's mind causing him to lose his mind and think that it's 1968 and that he must finish his mission regarding Terry Austin. The X-Men begin to quickly scramble to find their teammate before he hurts someone. Storm visits with John Wraith and learns that Terry Austin was not a real persons name, but code for something else and that Maverick would be the only surviving member of the Weapon X team that would have remembered the full mission details. After some searching, Jean Grey reports to Jubilee that they had traced Wolverine from Ottawa, as he traveled from Pakistan to Afghanistan and finally entering Kazakh, this news brings good cheer to the young mutant.
This however is not such a good thing, as despite the fake Russian security identification, Wolverine's true citizenship is exposed to some Kazakh solders spying on him when he pays a man to unload his luggage onto a bus with American money. As Logan rides the bus they are stopped by the security forces who burst in and gun down the hallucinating Logan. Stealing all his clothes, they leave him for dead with nothing but his Wolverine costume, to feed the vultures and wild dogs who are now attracted by the smell of his blood.
This story is continued next issue...
- This story takes place after the events of X-Force #18.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wolverine Vol 2 66 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wolverine series
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|