- I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do isn't very nice.
- -- Wolverine
Appearing in "I'm Wolverine"Edit
- Unnamed Canadians and hunters
- Several Clan Yashida members
- Unnamed Tokyo gang members (Death)
Synopsis for "I'm Wolverine"Edit
Wolverine hunts for a bear in the Canadian Rockies which had an arrow stuck in its back, making it turn crazy and kill at least fifteen people. With the bear taken care of, Wolverine tracks the scent of the arrow back to its tracker and puts him on trial.
Wolverine tries calling Mariko Yashida, but her families hangs up on him. Wolverine flies to the Yashida Ancestral Stronghold in Japan and finds Mariko in the gardens beneath a statue of Buddha, concealing her face. At Wolverine's insistence, she reveals her bruised face, which Wolverine deduces came from her husband, Noburu-Hideki. Mariko explains that she had to change commitments upon her father's return. Mariko's husband shows up and Wolverine intends upon killing him until Mariko averts the bloodshed.
Wolverine prepares to fly to New York, but he gets ambushed by poisoned shurikens. Wolverine wakes up to find himself in the captivity of Lord Shingen, who challenges Wolverine to a duel with him to prove his worthiness to Mariko. They fight with wooden swords, and Lord Shingen cheats during the battle by kicking Wolverine, who retaliates by withdrawing his claws. Due to his recent poisoning, though, Wolverine has trouble making contact with the elder, who ultimately wins the battle.
Wolverine finds himself abandoned in Tokyo surrounded by a mob. Yukio kills them all and picks Wolverine off the ground.
- First appearance of Lord Shingen, and Yukio. Although she is unnamed in this issue, the woman at the end that saves Wolverine is Yukio.
- Wolverine says that he knows who his father is, but the father that Wolverine refers to is most likely a false memory. Wolverine's father is finally seen in the Wolverine: Origin miniseries.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wolverine Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wolverine series
- Images from Wolverine Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Wolverine at Wikipedia.org
- Wolverine at Marvel Subscriptions
- Wolverine series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Wolverine series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Wolverine series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Wolverine at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 12/11/2010
-  plot summary at uncannyxmen.net