- You shouldn't have made me angry, Logan... people piss themselves when I get angry.
- -- Pappy Banner
Appearing in "Old Man Logan Conclusion"Edit
- Donovan, Logan's neighbor (Last appearance)
- The Hulk Gang (Disbands)
- Rufus (Only appearance; dies)
- Woody (Only appearance; dies)
- Beau (Only appearance; dies) (Otis' twin)
- Luke (Only appearance; dies) (Charlie's twin)
- Elrod (Only appearance; dies)
- Eustace (Only appearance; dies)
- Bobbie-Jo (Death)
- Little Baby Bruce Banner Junior
- Pappy Banner (Death)
- Jenny, She Hulk (Mentioned)
- Billy-Bob (Only appearance; dies) (Death unknown)
- 20-30 unnamed members of the Hulk Gang
- A Cow (Only appearance; dies)
- A White Horse
- Sonny Stark (Only Appearance)
- Unnamed old woman at Heff's Mansion (The Madame)
- Unnamed prostitutes at Heff's Mansion
- Unnamed men, woman & children (attending funerals at Logan's Ranch)
- The Hulk Gang's Watering Hole
- Sonny Stark's Bar
- Heff's Mansion
- Banner's Lair
- Logan's Ranch
- Some Jim Belushi movies (Mentioned)
- An aged babies crib
- Items placed on the graves of Logan's family
- A Bible
- A picture inside a frame
- A Raggedy-Ann doll
- A Baseball
- Baseball cards
- A Gameboy
- The Hulk Gang's Fantasti-car
- Various vehicles
Synopsis for "Old Man Logan Conclusion"Edit
Logan takes his time gutting and cutting up members of the Hulk Gang one by one. By the way, the Hulk Gang turns out to be inbred cannibal grandchildren of Bruce Banner and Jen Walters, who were both turned crazy by the extra radiation they were subjected to in California's nuclear blasts.
- A lot of folks say I went mad. That the radiation sickness did something to my brain... But who else was I gonna mate with besides my first cousin? Jenny She-Hulk was the only woman out there who could take the damn pace!
- --Pappy Banner
The two who killed Logan's family are washing the blood off in their nearby watering hole when they're sliced and diced, a handful of others are hanging out at Sonny Stark's bar, picking over the belongings Logan's family had when they died.
Charlie's twin brother, Luke is the first to die, with Logan's claws coming from the front of his forehead as if his fist was midway through the brain.
Three other members including Beau are at Heff's Mansion, which has become a whore house, where they used up all the girls there between three of them. Logan seems to kill them too, after blowing up their cars.
At Banner's Lair nearby, Banner and his descendant, Bobbi-Jo feed a baby hulk and talk about Logan's arrival. He's right on time when he crashes the Fantasti-Car previously owned by the Gang right into their trailer park/camp, decapitating some, and setting off a bomb on board to blow the rest of them to hell. The survivors are treated to a last meal of Logan's claws, and even Bobbi-Jo doesn't survive.
Pappy Banner emerges from his cave, seeming to have control of his Hulk strength in his human body. They fight, and Wolverine seems to gut him until the Hulk emerges once again!
Twelve hours later, Billy-Bob Banner returns from his friend's house with the Jim Belushi movies they sent him for to find all of his clan wiped out except Pappy and Little Baby Bruce.
Pappy keels over in pain, not understanding why, since he's always been eating his opponents in the past. Billy-Bob reminds him of Logan's healing factor, just as Logan cuts his way out of Pappy's back.
- What's the matter, Banner? Something you ate?
Billy-Bob nervously hands over his pants boots and coat in order to perserve his life, and pleads with Logan to leave Baby Bruce alive.
A month later, Logan holds Maureen, Scotty, and Jade's Funeral, and his neighbors attend, including Donovan. They try to talk him out of leaving, setting out to bring down the villains one by one, but he insists there is nothing at his ranch for him anymore.
- Besides, I got a little partner to help me out an' there's a nice poetic justice to Bruce Banner Junior bein' the first guy on my new team.
They ride off into the sunset.
- There are four pages of black & white artwork, and the rest are the covers. There are no pinups.
- The Hulk Gang is depicted as Cannibals.
- This is it! The moment you’ve been waiting for! Prepare yourselves for the most brutal battle in the history of comics as Wolverine returns— and unleashes a tidal wave of bloody revenge! It’s Wolverine versus the Hulk Gang to the death! Don’t miss the flesh-rending final chapter to the greatest Wolverine story ever told by the peerless Mark Millar and Steve McNiven! Plus—you won’t be able to tear yourself away from the gallery of covers, background material, behind-the-scenes extras, and all-new pinups that fill out this GIANT-SIZE SPECTACULAR!
In this Comic Hulk is fatter than his younger self.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wolverine: Old Man Logan Giant-Size Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Wolverine: Old Man Logan Giant-Size Vol 1 1
- Reviews about Wolverine: Old Man Logan Giant-Size Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
Oh boy, where to begin.
I was on Old Man Logan cloud-9 with the last issue, Wolverine Vol 3 #72. You had the Red Skull, in charge of Amerika, and wearing Captain America's uniform around, then getting beheaded by Logan. Wonderful! Awesome!
Logan steals money and rushes back to California to pay his rent. Ok, I guess that's his reason for living and all...
He gets home only to find out his family was killed because the Hulk Gang got bored waiting for him to pay. That's terrible! We didn't even get to know his cool future family...
He pops his claws for the first time in 50 years. Yay! A whole new chapter to Old Man Logan!
But wait, you're going to make me wait 6 months for the last issue? Oh, it's going to be a super-sized special? I forgive you then.
Almost a half a year later, I can't wait to read about what happens next! Now Wolverine is old and badass, and he's the only good guy in the country, so he has the element of surprise! Awesome!
So in this issue, the Hulks are revealed to be inbred cannibalistic descendants of Bruce Banner and Jennifer Walters.
Bruce is still alive as Pappy Banner, and controls their moves as a Landlord and Super-Villain.
All this is fine except for the fact that this entire story is just Logan killing all the Hulk Gang members, and then heading out to kill the rest of the villains.
It was quite an anti-climax for the series that I've been waiting so long to finish. And the art in the previous books was over-overwhelmingly beautiful, I was probably expecting too much to see the same here. While some was good, there were a few pages that were colored horribly, (Hulk biting into Logan, Logan bursting from Hulk's back).
And I got tired of seeing Logan cut through the Hulk Gang Members like they were tissue paper. They introduced almost 30 of these unnamed characters, only to have them destroyed upon sight.
I tried to think of ways this series could have ended better, but that's just it. It shouldn't have ended. It was too soon and too rushed to complete this post-apocalyptic tale, and it felt like they ran out of time with it.
Plus, why was this story started in the main Wolverine series? What does it have to do with Wolverine of today? I daresay those questions will never be answered.— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 20:01, September 28, 2009 (UTC)