- This is wrong. He died fighting my battle.
Appearing in "The Power of Warlock!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Power of Warlock!"Edit
After Eddie Robert's funeral Warlock returns to his cocoon. He awakes after two geologists warn him about a bomb test. Meanwhile Von Doom tries to stop the test because it would have a disastrous effect on the San Andreas fault. Rex Carpenter, who has become President in the meantime, refuses to cancel the test. Just as Von Doom feared, the Deathbirds are activated by the ensuing earthquake and he calls President Carpenter again to get the Air Force moving. Again Carpenter turns Von Doom down and tells him that he will handle the Air-Force problem personally. Von Doom has a deactivator for the Deathbirds and uses it as he sees the aircraft following Warlock to the desert. Using the deactivator Von Doom detonates the Deathbirds
In a television speech Rex Carpenter proclaims that Adam Warlock is a danger and that they all must stop at nothing to get rid of the danger.
- Reprinted in Marvel Masterworks: Warlock # 1
- Jerry and Ray are geologists who find Warlock's cocoon.
- Deathbirds are outlawed machines of destruction, they are unmanned aircrafts.
- The Deathbirds are written as one word in the book though they are seen as two words in the title (Death Birds). The Deathbirds are unmanned aircraft, that were deemed too vicious for civilized warfare and thus banned.
- With the exception of Jerry and Ray all characters listed under "other characters" appear in a flashback at Eddie Roberts' funeral only.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Warlock Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Warlock series
- Images from Warlock Vol 1 5
- Comics:Marvel Premiere Vol 1 1
- Comics:Marvel Premiere Vol 1 2
- Comics:Warlock Vol 1 6
- Comics:Warlock Vol 1 7
- Comics:Warlock Vol 1 8
- Comics:Incredible Hulk Vol 1 176
- Comics:Incredible Hulk Vol 1 177
- Comics:Incredible Hulk Vol 1 178
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|