|Affiliation||Marvel Zombies (involuntarily), formerly S.H.I.E.L.D. Resistance, formerly Avengers|
|Base Of Operations||Avengers Mansion, Central Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Weight||(at normal density); Variable|
|Unusual Features||No pupils|
|Origin||Robot built by Ultron and Phineas Horton using parts of the original Human Torch.|
|Place of Birth||Brooklyn, New York City, New York|
|Creators||Mark Millar, Greg Land|
|Ultimate Fantastic Four #23|
Vision is at Avengers Mansion when a man tries to blast his way into the mansion. He, and the other Avengers greet the intruder and demand he explain himself. The man begins ranting about an Army of the Dead, and begins to get a little hot under the collar until the Scarlet Witch spirits him away.
Presumably, those remaining at the Avengers Mansion after Col. America and the others leave to investigate reports of purple lightning and something fallen from the sky, received a call from Nick Fury to join the resistance aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, and leave to join them.
With the extremely varied bunch all assembled on the Helicarrier, Nick explains how serious he believes the situation to be; that it is the end of the world. He also explains that whatever the histories of those assembled, they are all on the same side.
It can also be assumed that he was part of the team sent back down to the surface to battle the zombies.
He is later seen in Kingpin's stronghold, alive, but connected to a machine and used as a jamming device to block and presumably trace back all transmitions from possible human survivers, Vision is also guarded by a zombified Scarlet Witch as his connection to the jamming device has taken away his ability to move himself.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Vision possesses a number of superhuman powers ultimately derived from his artificial substance and metabolism. The Visions android body is functioning replica of a human body containing analogues to virtually all human organs, blood, and tissue, composed of an un-revealed synthetic organic-like substance. This substance mimics all the functions of human tissue, but is several times as strong, durable and resilient.
Neuro-Kinetic Alloy: The Young Avengers' Vision is able to use Iron Lad's neuro-kinetic armour to recreate the former Vision's abilities and is also capable of far more impressive abilities then the first Vision was capable of.
- Shape-Shifting: could alter its appearance and shape with his thoughts
- Time Travel
- Holographic Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation: enables him to fire blasts of various kinds of energy
Enhanced Stamina: The Vision is capable of exerting himself at peak capacity for about twp hours before fatigue poisons build up in his artificial blood and cause him to tire.
Enhanced Reflexes: The Visions practical reaction time is about twice as fast as that of an average human being
Solar Absorption: The solar jewel on The Visions brow absorbs ambient solar energy that his body is able to convert directly into usable forms by a process not unlike photosynthesis in plants, but with 99% efficiency. The solar ray absorption process occurs constantly (even at night to some degree) at a rate determined by the expenditure of energy for his bodily needs. Thus the jewel absorbs solar energy most expediently when the Vision utilizes it at some superhuman level of exertion. The Vision does not require liquid or solid foodstuffs for any purpose.
- Solar Energy Beams: He can channel limited amounts of solar energy back through the gem at will, creating a narrow hot beam of infrared and microwave radiation. The beam can be controlled within a temperature range of 500 to 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit. At maximum temperature, the Vision can melt through a 1-inch plate of steel in 5 seconds. The Vision cannot control the width of the beam. He can sustain a heat beam at maximum intensity for about 2 minutes before he begins to tax his supply of energy for his other bodily functions. The Vision commonly uses his eyes for this purpose as well.
Density Control: The Visions body has been saturated with special cybernetically activated cells which are capable of interfacing with some unknown dimension with which he can shunt or accrue particles of mass. Thus the Vision is able to control his density and solidity. By shunting a non-critical portion of his body's molecules away from him, he can become a weightless, transparent, intangible wraith, unable to be touched by solid matter. By accruing extradimensional mass and fortifying his body with it.
- Superhuman Durability: He can become extraordinary massive and hard as diamond. At maximum mass, the Vision weighs about 90 tons. When this massive, the Vision is barely able to move without causing massive stress to his system, thus risking malfunction.
- Superhuman Strength
- Intangible Flight: When at a minimum mass, the Vision can fly through the air weightlessly. It is not known how the Vision moves through the air when weightless; presumably he becomes slightly heavier than weightless and allows the wind to propel him through the air, or gives himself a push in the direction he wishes to travel before becoming weightless in order to gain some inertia; Because he possesses no means of locomotion, the Vision cannot fly very fast. He cannot support the weight of any object while in flight since he cannot touch it.
Since his density control is mentally controlled, it takes less than 50 seconds to affect a density change, even from his maximum limits both directions. There does not appear to be any limit to the time he can remain in any given altered state of density.
- Physical Disruption: The Vision can use his density control offensively be attaining minimum density (intangibility). Passing a part of all of his body within another living being and ever so slightly increasing his density (tangibility). Even increasing his density to one half ounce (14.25 grams) is sufficient to cause the organism he passes through excruciating pain, a shock to the nervous system, and unconsciousness. Were he to become any denser than one half ounce the shock would probably kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism in itself. Accordingly, the Vision employs this power with extreme caution.
Computer Interface: The Vision's AI can communicate and interact with other computer systems.Superhuman Intelligence: He also was capable of rapid analysis of data.
Strength levelWhile at normal density, Vision possesses superhuman strength to lift approximately 5 tons. However, while at maximum density, his strength is increased sufficiently to allow him to lift approximately 50 tons.
Even as an artificial life form, however, the Vision's mind has been shown to be "close enough" to human to be affected by telepathy.
- 4 Appearances of Vision (Earth-2149)
- Media Vision (Earth-2149) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Vision (Earth-2149)
- Quotations by or about Vision (Earth-2149)
- Character Gallery: Vision (Earth-2149)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Vision (Earth-2149)
- Scarlet Witch
- Marvel Directory
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|