- So what does that make you now? What is a god if there's no one alive who believes in it?
For years, he was worshipped by them, and develop a need of them. In order to make them dependent of his, he let them wrote their bible, where the Carmondians stated that without him, their lives weren't worth enough. Veeda Leebre himself didn't believe that that drastic statement would be followed in case he had to quit one day.
Witnessing the hecatomb, Genis-Vell travelled to the Desecration Annex, battled the Godstalker and freed the God, letting him rejoin his planet while the Eternal-Kree confronted the Celestial servant.
Once back, Veeda stated the decimation of his people, and overwhelmed by Genis' accusations, and overwhelmed by the remorse and the sadness, gave back life to the Carmondians, with Jara's vision.
Outraged by that masquerade and by Veeda Leebre actions, Genis tried to make people realized that they weren't trully alive, and eventually succeed using the last Veeda Leebre worshiper, Jara. She lost faith in him, and as she was the model to recreate her world, the only living believer, Veeda's powers and restoration faded, except for Veeda's humanoid form.
Jara suicide and Genis-Vell left Veeda Leebre devastated, without having himself solved his religious dilemma.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Veeda Leebre possessed various, related or not to his Deity status:
- Reality warping: He was able to perform a massive reality warping making both the planet and it inhabitants to shape in a better way. As he kept his humanoid form after his last worshiper suicide, we can suppose he possess a residual of it power, or a natural ability of reality warping or shape-shifting. As the bodies kept also their last form, it is also possible that this party of the manipulation will not fade.
- Necromancy: He proved himself to be able to restore two billions of Carmondians, as long as his powers were feed on faith.
- Limited telepathy or empathic link: He was able to shape restore Carmondy IV through Jara's belief, possibly through a telepathic or empathic link with his worshippers.
- Interstellar travel
- Energy manipulation: He proved to be able to form an energy aura, and presumably threatening from energy blast. The nature of that energy is unknown.
- Faith-based powers: Veeda Leebre needed worshippers to perform his powers. However, only follower was needed to it.
It seems that during the whole history of the Carmondians, their and Veeda Leebree's appearances were modified, as he and his followers appears human-like when he was God of his people (Captain Marvel Vol.3 #4 and #6, while they have they appears "lumpy" and he with a slug/mushroom appearance when he was taken to the Desecration Annex (Captain Marvel Vol.3 #5). Even the statues follow that change.
- 2 Appearances of Veeda Leebre (Earth-616)
- 8 Images featuring Veeda Leebre (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Veeda Leebre (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Veeda Leebre (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Veeda Leebre (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|