I'm forced to recall this one movie I've seen, in part because it helps establish my position on Iron Man 3. It's this 1932 movie I've seen called The Mask of Fu Manchu. In this movie, Boris Karloff portrays the Fiendish Dr. Fu Manchu, who plans on using two artifacts associated with Genghis Khan in a plot to take over the world. It's not that bad a movie. It's well acted, it looks decent, and has some good special effects, especially considering the film is over 80 years old.
It is also one of the most racist movies I've seen. And I've seen Birth of a Nation. Fu Manchu's plan is specifically to encite the peoples of Asia and the Middle East to "Kill the White man", and end their dominion over the Earth. And he does this with the help of sever…Read more >
I've been waiting for someone to do this well for so long! Watching this, it's like childhood me and adulthood me have become one.Read more >
So Warner Bros. somehow got Stan Lee to participate in their "Injustice Battle Arena" promotional event for their upcoming video game Injustice: Gods Among Us, the game where a bunch of DC Comics characters beat the snot out of each other. They paired him up with Jace Hall, and Stan Lee absolutely destroys him:
Stan Lee's Greatest Hits:
"Well, who are you?"Read more >
"You don't have to ask, the world knows I'm Stan Lee. What a dumb question."
"This is so obvious it doesn't require...you YOU have to think for a while. You have to think while you're eating. 'Do I dip the spoon in the soup our do I spill the soup over the spoon?'"
"What if all of a sudden Wonder Woman attacks him...out of nowhere?"
"Well, Batman is well known for being prepared for things it'…
In case you're unaware, the new Iron Man 3 trailer's been released online. Here's a link - 
A few odd thoughts:
- War Machine/Iron Patriot appears to be working directly for the President. Sort of negates a lot of the conflict in Iron Man 2 over whether or not Tony should hand the Iron Man tech over to the government.
- First use of the name "the Mandarin" in any footage (at least that I've seen).
- Aldrich Killian flips an armored Tony in combat. I'm assuming this means he's been exposed to the Extremis virus (otherwise, he shouldn't be able to do that), and that the character will be taking Mallen's place in the film.
- Gwyneth Paltrow in nothing but a bra.
- Ben Kingsley's voice is still rubbing me the wrong way. When the first trailer was released, I …
Guess Paul Giamatti's playing the Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, folks. This might also mean the Sinister Six rumors are true.
Aside from the incredibly bad choice to have Paul Giamatti as the Rhino, how have the people behind superhero movies not learned that cramming their films with as many villains as they can is bad for the franchise's longevity? Consider the following:
- Batman - The Joker
- Batman Returns - The Penguin, Catwoman
- Batman Forever - Two-Face, the Riddler
- Batman & Robin - Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane
- Batman Triumphant - CANCELLED
- Spider-Man - Green Goblin
- Spider-Man 2 - Doc Ock, Harry Osborn
- Spider-Man 3 - Harry Osborn, Sandman, Venom
- Spider-Man 4 - CANCELLED
- Fantastic Four - Dr. Doom
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Dr. Doom, …