- I know what happens when a Phoenix Messiah gets everything she needs. I'm interesting in discovering what happens when they don't.
- -- Unit
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- X-Men (Utopia's Team)
- Extinction Team
- Phoenix Five
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- Storm (Ororo Munroe) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Psylocke (Betsy Braddock) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Hope Summers
- Doctor Nemesis (James Bradley)
- Extinction Team
- New Avengers
- Phoenix Force (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Demons Princelings, King and Lords of Statis (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Demons Slaves (Only in flashback)
- Quicksilver (Mentioned)
- Kid Gladiator (Mentioned)
- Unspecified Planet (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
Wolverine has taken Hope to the Blue Area of the Moon, where the Avengers and the X-Men have converged. The two sides resume their battle, with Wolverine and Hope caught in the middle.
Meanwhile, at the X-Diaspora, Magneto and Psylocke meet up with Storm and Dr. Nemesis, who has been injured in a fight with Black Widow. Storm tells them that Cyclops and his team have gone to the Moon. Magneto believes they should go to help, but Psylocke replies that the only teleporter in the team, aside from Magik, is Pixie, and she is with the Lights.
The Lights reach Utopia and, after reading Hope's note, go to the Brig to talk to Unit, who knows that they want to know about the Phoenix.
At the X-Diaspora, Magneto, Psylocke and Storm share their experiences fighting the Avengers and take a glass of water. They toast for Cyclops, Emma, Pixie, Colossus and Namor.
At the Brig, Unit tells the Lights that the Phoenix is an universal constant, and as such, it dislikes having anything interfere with the universe. The Scarlet Witch's "no more mutants" spell made the Phoenix angry, because it interefered with humanity's evolution.
Unit also tells the Lights he observed a planet whose demon rulers feared progress. The demons cast a spell that halted evolution, but then, the Phoenix chose a Messiah and five acolytes. The Messiah and the acolytes bonded with the Phoenix and broke the demons' spell.
When Transonic asks Unit why did he not tell Hope that she needs the Lights, Unit replies that he withheld that information because he wants to see what would happen if the host does not have the acolytes to control the Phoenix. The Lights are angry.
At the X-Diaspora, the X-Men wonder how can they get to the Moon. Magneto believes Danger can help them, but Storm does not know where she is.
Velocidad thinks that they should get Oya and go to the Moon, but Transonic says that Kenji is dead and without all five, Hope may not be able to control the Phoenix. Suddenly, Danger, who is still under Unit's control, knocks them out and takes them back to the beach. Unit also orders her to erase the Lights's memories.
As Magneto, Psylocke and Storm prepare to get transportation to the Moon, Psylocke suffers a psychic breakdown, caused by Iron Man's attack on the Phoenix.
As the kids awaken, they see shooting stars and Transonic wishes that all ends well.
At the Moon, the Extinction Team become the new Phoenix avatars.
To be continued...
- No special notes.
- AVX TIE-INS!
• Hope is on the run for her life, but can she outrun destiny?
• What has Mr. Sinister been doing since UNCANNY X-MEN #3? And what has he been doing while the X-Men have been fighting the Avengers? Find out here!
Takes place during Avengers vs. X-Men #5
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 2 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Uncanny X-Men series
- Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 2 13
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|