Appearing in "Madripoor Knights"Edit
- Black Widow (Natasha) - (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) - (Only in flashback)
- Seraph - (Only in flashback)
- Ivan Petrovitch - (Only in flashback)
- Baron Strucker - (Only in flashback)
- Geoffrey Sydenham (First appearance), a US consul - (Only in flashback)
- Herr Kreutzmann (Death), a Nazi - (Only in flashback)
- Matsu'o Tsurayaba
- The Hand assassins
- Unnamed bar patrons - (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed Nazi soldiers
- Soong (First appearance) and other citizens of Madripoor
- Unnamed Jonin of the Hand - (Only in flashback), (Death)
- Sacred sword of the Hand - (Destroyed)
- Fenris' yacht
Synopsis for "Madripoor Knights"Edit
Madripoor 1941: A fledgling Captain America comes to the aid of a Russian, who is being attacked by Hand Ninjas. Both of the men are rescued by the help of a newcomer who makes the island his home and hates the Hand – Logan. After they win the battle, Logan takes them to the bar Seraph’s, where he tags Baron von Strucker and another Nazi, almost starting a fight. The Russian, Ivan Petrovitch tells them that the Nazis and the Hand are planning an alliance and that they have kidnapped a child in his charge – Natasha Romanoff. A little later, the three men attack the Nazi limousine where Natasha is being held. One Nazi intends to kill the girl, rather than give her up. However, Logan throws himself between Natasha and the gun, seemingly sacrificing his life to save her. Ivan and Cap decide to take Natasha to the American consulate instead of following Logan’s plan. Unfortunately, the consul is working with the Nazis and sells them out. In the Hand hideout, they learn that the Hand intends to make Natasha a master assassin, her first test being the murder of her would-be-rescuers. Fortunately, they are all rescued again by a very much alive Logan, who takes them to a getaway plane. The present: The Black Widow went to Madripoor as a favor to Nick Fury to learn everything about a meeting between Fenris (Strucker's children) and Tsurayaba, the new leader of the Hand. She ends up in a trap by the Hand, but is rescued by Wolverine, Psylocke and Jubilee. Later, they question the underworld and learn that the meeting between Fenris and Tsurayaba is to take place on a certain yacht. They infiltrate the yacht and take out the gangsters, but find out they are impostors: the real meeting took place somewhere else in the meantime.
- This comic was featured in Weird Al Yankovic's song "White and Nerdy".
- First meeting between Wolverine & Captain America revealed
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Originally priced at $1.00 US and $1.25 Canada.
- Ads in this issue included : 'Viper' Capcom, 'Wrath of the Black Manta' Taito, 'Narc' Aklaim, Fleer...Football's Rookie Sensation, (2 page ad) Child World Children's Palace, East Coast Comics, Bullpen Bulletins, NFL Pro Set, Subscribe Now and Save!, [inside back cover] Konami, [back cover] Ravenloff.
- Steven Rogers, Natalia Romanova, and James Howlett are featured on the cover of this issue. [James Howlett also featured in the top left corner].
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 268 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Uncanny X-Men series
- Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 268
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/02/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing