- Well, let's see... took you a good fourteen years to find a way to mess my life up this bad. Guess I can wait around another fourteen... see if you ever figure out if you can fix it.
- -- The Thing
Appearing in "The Fantastic (Part IV)"Edit
Synopsis for "The Fantastic (Part IV)"Edit
Johnny Storm has been brought back to the Baxter Building for testing. His father, Dr. Storm tries to get Johnny to tap into the psychological trigger that causes his body to spontaneously combust. Unconsciously, Johnny finds his trigger, but demonstrates it by mouthing the words, "Flame on".
Later, Reed finds the disfigured Ben Grimm sitting in the lounge. He has been outfitted with an impact suit, so that his increased mass doesn't cause damage to whatever surface he is standing or sitting upon. Ben asks him if Reed is responsible for his current condition and Reed says yes. Flying into a rage, Ben attacks him. Reed uses his newfound stretching abilities to wrap himself around Ben. He calms him down and promises that he will find a way to turn him back to normal.
Meanwhile, 1.4 miles below the Earth, Dr. Arthur Molekevic, late of the Baxter Building has found Susan Storm. He had his cloned Ani-Men take her from the Nevada desert and bring her to an enormous underground valley. Molekevic has been living here for years. He believes that the theory of a "Hollow Earth" is true and that there are substantial links between it and the theory of lost Atlantis. Using alien technology left behind from an unknown species, Molekevic has power over the Baxter Building mainframe computer – a huge tower of databanks and video monitors that lie within the cavern. Molekevic even goes on to explain how he used blood scraped from an ancient weapon to form the DNA template for his bio-technological experiments. This is how he has created his army of Ani-Men. But more than anything, Arthur is in love with Susan Storm.
Later, Johnny is finally brought out of quarantine where he is introduced to Ben Grimm. Astonished by his appearance, he refers to him as some sort of "thing". Everyone is still at a loss as to what could have happened to Sue and Victor Van Damme. But before the conversation can progress, there is a tremendous rumble from outside. Racing to the window, they find that a gigantic reptilian monster has broken through the streets of Manhattan from underground ready to wreak destruction on everything it finds.
- The Mole Man's surname is mis-spelled as Molevic in this issue whereas in issue #2 it is spelled Molekevic.
- During testing, Johnny keeps repeating the words, "Flame on. Flame off". This is likely a reference to a scene from the movie The Karate Kid where Mister Miyagi is quoted as saying, "Wax on. Wax off".
- At one point, Dr. Molekevic makes reference to Edward Bulwer-Lytton. Edward Bulwer-Lytton was a 19th century writer who crafted, Vril: The Power Of The Coming Race, an effort which suggests the existence of ancient Atlantis as well as the existence of a subterranean race of people that predates modern man.
- Human Torch chronology page
- Human Torch quotes page
- Invisible Woman chronology page
- Invisible Woman quotes page
- Mister Fantastic chronology page
- Mister Fantastic quotes page
- Mole Man chronology page
- Mole Man quotes page
- Thing chronology page
- Thing quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Ultimate Fantastic Four series
- Images from Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol 1 4
- Fantastic Four (Volume 1)
- Fantastic Four (Volume 2
- Fantastic Four (Volume 3)
- Fantastic Four: 1 2 3 4
- Fantastic Four: Big Town
- Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comics Magazine
- Fantastic Four: House of M
- Fantastic Four vs. the X-Men
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Ultimate Fantastic Four entry at Wikipedia
- Ultimate Fantastic Four entry at the Marvel Universe
- Ultimate Human Torch entry at the Marvel Universe
- Ultimate Human Torch entry at Wikipedia
- Ultimate Invisible Woman entry at the Marvel Universe
- Ultimate Invisible Woman entry at Wikipedia
- Ultimate Mister Fantastic entry at the Marvel Universe
- Ultimate Mister Fantastic entry at Wikipedia
- Ultimate Thing entry at the Marvel Universe
- Ultimate Thing entry at Wikipedia
|Like this? Let us know!|