- So this is the world. Can you see...can you see what you have made? How do you stand the disappointment.?
Appearing in "The Republic Is Burning: Part One"Edit
- The Reserves
- Giant-Men (Mentioned)
- Jarvis (William) (First appearance)
- E.D.I./Excalibur Class Soldiers
- Spider-Woman (Mentioned)
- Black Widow (Monica Chang) (Mentioned)
- Hulk Protocol (Mentioned)
- Steve Rogers (Mentioned)
- President of the United States (Mentioned)
- New York City
- Montevideo (Destruction)
Synopsis for "The Republic Is Burning: Part One"Edit
Reed Richards, along with his white suited followers, the Children of Tomorrow, are standing in the desert in Northern Germany. Reed bemoans creation, preparing an equally mysterious dome shaped in a manner reminiscent of the mushroom cloud of an atomic bomb.
In Europe, Asgardian gods pillaged a beer factory, making the EUSS activate their new super team, the Excalibur-class super-soldiers led by the new Captain Britain, Jamie Braddock, to respond. When the team arrives to confront Odin and the Asgardians, they are interrupted by Thor who offers Jamie a drink. Jamie, in a display of disrespect, pours the drink on the floor. This upsets Thor and he attacks Jamie and the E.D.I. The battle makes it's way to the German desert where they discover the dome-shaped structure. While investigating it, Captain Italy is grabbed by a large mechanical hand and pulled inside the structure.
Social unrest in Bangkok leaves the city in flames with Clint Barton ready on a moments notice to intervene. When Clint contacts Fury from the SEAR Triskelion to report his findings, the communication is suddenly cut short.
In Uruguay an Argentinian fleet approaches with deadly intent. Tony Stark, attending a gala in Tokyo, Japan, is contacted by Nick Fury. Not being able to tend to the situation due to his current location, Tony uses a new technology, potentially stolen from Mysterio after their recent encounter, to remotely control his Iron Man armor. Tony boards one of the ships only to discover it has no crew on board. He tears away the control panel and manages to notice an Stark Industries thermonuclear explosive device beneath it. Before he can react the device is detonated, destroying the armor and leaving Tony in a comatose state.
- A "European Triskelion" is mentioned this issue. This make three (?) known Triskelions. One in Iran, a 2nd one re-built in New York, and the European one mentioned this issue.
- This issue also indicates that their are mulitiple S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarriers on Earth-1610. Hawkeye is seen on one at the SEAR this issue. A Helicarrier in New York was previously used as temporary SHIELD headquarters by former director Gregory Stark.
- The next era has begun. As our heroes struggle to find their place in the world, the The Ultimates face game-changing threats even they can’t handle. And with the heart of the team missing in action, the country’s last stand of defense may be on its last legs. Critically acclaimed writer Jonathan Hickman (Fantastic Four, FF, Secret Warriors) and superstar artist Esad Ribic (Uncanny X-Force) drive the Ultimates into new and deadly territory! The series we’ve all been waiting for!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ultimate Comics Ultimates Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Ultimate Comics Ultimates series
- Images from Ultimate Comics Ultimates Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|
Weekly Video Review
This review is of Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1, and I gave it a 4/5.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 15:48, September 13, 2011 (UTC)