The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) or Soviet Union, sometimes referred to as 'Russia', was a Communist country that existed during the 20th century. It fought as one of the Allies during World War II and against the United States of America during the Cold War before its collapse in 1991.
It consisted of 15 republics, the largest of which became Russia.
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Commissar (Alexi Bruskin)
- Crimson Dynamo (Anton Vanko)
- Crimson Dynamo (Boris Turgenov)
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Red Barbarian
- Red Guardian (Alexi Shostakov)
The Earth-616 Universe operates on a Sliding Timescale. That said, a lot of regional, political, current event, and pop-culture references are considered topical for the period they were published in. That said, many of the stories that took place during the Cold War era (between 1961-1991) that took place in the "modern era" (Every modern tale post Fantastic Four #1 are topical. One should consider references to the USSR and the former Soviet Union in this way. The Marvel Handbooks typically change the reference to something more general along the lines of a "Communist Country" or simply "Russia" when it is clearly a part of Russia.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Location Gallery: Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Images related to Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Fan Art Gallery: Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Union of Soviet Socialist Republics