The Titans are the children and progeny of the ancient primeval sky-god Ouranos and his wife Gaea the primeval earth-goddess. Ouranus was very proud of the Titans for their physical perfection, but Gaea had other children known as the Cyclopes, who had one eye in the center of their heads, and the many-armed Hekatonkheires. Ouranus hated his other children and exiled them into the other-dimensional world of Tartarus. Gaea greatly grieved for her children and called upon one of her sons to depose Ouranus and free their siblings from the underworld. None of her sons would raise a weapon against Ouranus except for Cronus, the youngest of the Titans, who used a sickle to castrate Ouranus and dismember his corpse. The dying Ouranus prophesized that Cronus would be overthrown by one of his own sons.
Cronus seized Olympus and ruled over Ancient Greece, but he neglected to free the Cyclopes or the Hekatonkheires. His wife, Rhea, was guided by Gaea to conceal the birth of her son, Zeus. Upon adulthood, Zeus freed the Cyclopes and the Hekatonkheires as allies to conquer Olympus. Zeus was supported by a few of the Titans and by his freed siblings, supposedly swallowed by Cronus in order to prevent the prophecy of Ouranus. The Titans were defeated and imprisoned in Tartarus watched over by the god Hades, who reserved part of the underworld as a realm of the dead.
In later years, the Titan Prometheus recalled on his pact of honor to Hercules. In ancient times, Prometheus had taken fire from the heavens to grant it to mortal man and Zeus had ordered him chained to the Caucasus Mountains on earth as punishment. Hercules had freed him from his bindings, and when he was in a delirium after attacks by his enemies, Prometheus sacrificed part of his life-force to cure him.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Titans possess vast levels of superhuman strength and can lift over 100 tons effortlessly without using their other abilities to amp their strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: Titans highly advanced musculature produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting them almost limitless physical stamina in all activities.
- Superhuman Durability: Titan's is highly resistant to physical injury. They are capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, powerful energy blasts, and extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining injury. They are also capable of surviving, unprotected, in the vacuum of space for a brief period of time. Their resistance to injury surpasses that of many other Olympian god.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite there great resilience, it is possible to injure a Titan. They are are capable of recovering from injuries with superhuman speed and efficiency. However, their are is unable to regenerate missing limbs or organs and would require magical assistance to do so. Titans are also immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections.They are also highly resistant to most drugs and toxins but can be affected if exposed to great quantities.
Average Strength level
Population: Population of this race is unknown.
Type of Government: Monarchy
Level of Technology: Magic
Cultural Traits: The Titans were worshipped as gods by the Ancient Greece.
Representatives: Asteria, Astraeus, Atlas, Coeus, Cronus, Dione, Hyperion, Japetus, , Eprimetheus, Hecate, Leto, Menoetius, Mnemosyne, Oceanus, Ophion, Pallas, Perses, Phoebe, Rhea, Tethys, Prometheus, Themis, Thia, et al.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Titans (Olympians) on the forums
- Appearances of Titans (Olympians)
- Race Gallery: Titans (Olympians)