- Guess ninjas do know fear. Plant has the right idea... Burn 'em out!
- -- Crossbones
Appearing in "Lightning in Shadows"Edit
- Lacy Kimbro
Synopsis for "Lightning in Shadows"Edit
At The Raft, the Thunderbolts are informed that because Luke Cage isn't present, they have to have lunch with the other prisoners. Warden Walker has grown concerned, for he may have to report his absence to the advisory board. Furthermore, when Songbird suggested that he may be on Avengers business, the response is he's not. Moonstone snidely remarks that perhaps Cage is having R&R with his wife; Songbird tells her to can it.
Meanwhile, Cage is in Hell's Kitchen, on call with his wife, comparing the similarities of Daredevil's Shadowland the the Thunderbolts and his fear that he may be becoming more like them. He then signs off when he sees Iron Fist hanging in a tree. His friend inquiries if they are planning an attack against Daredevil. Cage's response is slamming a trash can on him, revealing "Iron Fist" as a Hand ninja magically disguised. Cage then notices an old friend of his, Lacy Kimbro. Lacy informs him that his son Darris is a cop being held by the Hand underground, specifically by the Underhand, a group of ninja who are practically dead.
Back at The Raft, the female inmates are teasing Gunna for eating with her bare hands. As Moonstone and Songbird sit down, the latter reminds them that Gunna doesn't understand a word of what they say. When they ask if she was really cannibalistic, Gunna answers with an "Aye." Meanwhile, over in the men's cafeteria, the male prisoners are teasing Crossbones for his alleged murder of Captain America. His fellow Thunderbolts decide to help out, as Juggernaut "accidentally" spills his food on a fellow prisoner, drawing the guard's attention, as Crossbones obstructed and inmate named Mason's windpipe.
The Thunderbolts are soon summoned for mission to the mainland. They meet with Cage by some railway tracks. He informs them that their mission is to locate Darris and bring down the Hand's stronghold, assigning Fixer to lead the team, while he goes to try and convince Daredevil to stop. As they descend into the tunnels, the Thunderbolts notices how paranoid Ghost is and how he doesn't want to be referred to by his former identity. They are then ambushed by the Hand ninjas. Thunderbolts don't hold back as they fight. A group of Underhand merge together and knock Juggernaut down. Fixer is stabbed while Songbird is taken down, giving Moonstone the opportunity to do things her way.
- Crossbones is slowly showing signs of Terrigenesis.
- This story is reprinted in Shadowland: Thunderbolts.
- The Thunderbolts crossover with Shadowland begins here! Luke Cage heads into Hell’s Kitchen to pull his old friend back from the brink of madness. And if swarming ninjas aren’t enough, he's become aware of other forces that will make his task even harder. Going against the Warden and the government itself, Cage sends the T-Bolts in to level the playing field. But without his direct guidance, will this squad of killers and criminals make the situation even worse? Find out in the book IGN.com calls "Impressive...not to be missed."
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thunderbolts Vol 1 148 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thunderbolts series
- Images from Thunderbolts Vol 1 148
Links and ReferencesEdit