The realm of Asgard existed in an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Those Who Sit Above in Shadow lived off the energy released by Ragnarok, and caused the cycle to continue.
Those Who Sit Above in Shadow were first seen when Loki tried to win their favor. Loki attempted good deeds, but they were not pleased by his actions and rejected him.
When Odin sent Thor to Earth to learn a lesson in humility by becoming human, a loophole was created in the cycle, as Those Who Sit Above in Shadow could no longer predict what Thor would do when influenced by man, and thus could not keep Thor bound by his strand of fate. This was part of Odin's plan. When the final Ragnarok arrived Thor hung himself on Yggdrasil to gain vast wisdom and runic magik, and learned who was behind the cycle. Thor destroyed the Loom of the Fates, and broke the thread that holds the destiny of Asgardians, from which Those Who Sit Above in Shadow were absorbing energy. With their source of energy destroyed and the cycle broken, it is unknown if Those Who Sit Above in Shadow still survive.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Those Who Sit Above In Shadow claim to be omnipotent and omniscient, well beyond the level of Asgardians. They have demonstrated the ability to manipulate great power, feeding off energy given by the Ragnarok cycle. They once teleported Loki to Svartalfheim when he fell out of their favor. Yet they could not predict Thor destroying the Loom of the Fates, so their claim of omniscience is hyperbole.
- No trivia.
- 8 Appearances of Those Who Sit Above in Shadow (Earth-616)
- Media Those Who Sit Above in Shadow (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images that include Those Who Sit Above in Shadow (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Those Who Sit Above in Shadow (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Those Who Sit Above in Shadow (Earth-616)