- I am THOR! Son of Odin, god of thunder, who commands the lightning and the storm! I am THOR! And I...wish...to live. To live...and breathe...and fight...again.
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Brakka-Dooooom!"Edit
- Beth Sooner (First appearance)
- Hogun (Only in flashback)
- Volstagg (Only in flashback)
- Fandral (Only in flashback)
- Jane Foster (Only in flashback)
- Sif (Only in flashback)
- Beta Ray Bill (Only in flashback)
- Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Brakka-Dooooom!"Edit
Adrift in the Void, Thor reflects upon the many adventures he has had, notably those that involve his fellow Asgardians, Sif and the Warriors Three. Suddenly, Thor feels a strong summoning and is surprised to discover that it comes from Doctor Donald Blake, the late physician who was once host to the power and essence of Thor. Don tells him that he has more experience with understanding the afterlife than Thor does, and encourages him to return to the world of the living. He tells him that the fate of Midgard is in great peril if he fails to return. Thor battles through a host of ethereal demons before accepting his role as a Child of Mjolnir. With the hammer once more in his possession, Thor announces that he wishes to return.
Some time later in rural Oklahoma, Don Blake walks along a deserted highway. He comes across a stick lying on the side of the road and picks it up, then continues walking until he reaches Broxton, Oklahoma and heads to an inn. He chats with the motel manager, Beth Sooner, and rents a room. When he gets upstairs, he sits down on his bed and strikes his cane upon the floor. A tremendous peal of thunder tears across the sky, and a lightning bolt comes down, striking the motel.
- The scene of Donald Blake grabbing the hammer is from Fantastic Four #538.
- This story is reprinted in Thor Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 3 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thor series
- Images from Thor Vol 3 1
Links and ReferencesEdit