- The madness is thinking that that any real Thor would suffer you to live. There is no madness, there is only justice. I am Ragnarok.
- -- Ragnarok
Appearing in "Siege: Ragnarok, Part One"Edit
- Thor (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
Synopsis for "Siege: Ragnarok, Part One"Edit
In Asgard, Hogun and Fandral report to Balder on the situation with Volstagg, that he has turned himself into the local police in Broxton. As they are preparing to eat, Knut comes in warning them all that Asgard will fall on the morrow, and that he will not live to see the sunset. The other Asgardians don't believe him, Tyr tells him to sit down and shut up basically, and Heimdall tells them all that he can see no danger. Loki escorts Knut to his room, and tells him that he believes him, but that it is midnight, "tomorrow", and his prophecies are coming true, as Loki pulls a knife out and kills Knut.
Later, Heimdall awakens to find his entire bedchamber moved and encircled with sorcery to the lowest part of Asgard. Loki tells him that no one could march against Asgard without his knowing, but the trick is in the telling what he knows. Heimdall looks out and sees an army without number swarming towards Asgard, and he is helpless to warn anyone.
Elsewhere, Kelda travels into Broxton to find Bill's father, and tell him how his son, her love, died.
In the upper part of Asgard, Tyr kicks in Knut's door to rub his face in his prophecy being wrong, only to find Knut's corpse. Realizing Knut was right, Tyr races off to warn the others.
In the Broxton jail, Volstagg is speaking to the sheriff and his deputy as the news reports on the attack on Asgard, showing footage of Thor being beaten down. Realizing that what's going on is wrong, the sheriff releases Volstagg so that he can go help defend his home. Volstagg stops though, when he realizes all the lies that are being spread about him and the other Asgardians. The sheriff sets him up in front of a webcam, and Volstagg sends out a video to the world about what really happened in Chicago. He admits that his sword isn't powerful enough to kill thousands of people, before leaving the screen, realizing that he wasn't thinking. The sheriff finishes the recording by personally vouching for the Asgardians. Word quickly spreads, and people everywhere are beginning to question Norman Osborn and H.A.M.M.E.R.'s attack on Asgard. As Volstagg is leaving the police station, Thor lands in front of him and smacks him to the ground. Volstagg realizes that this is not the true Thor, this is Ragnarok.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- SIEGE BLOCKBUSTER TIE-IN!! Asgard lies under SIEGE! As the evil eye of Norman Osborn falls on Asgard, what happens to neighboring Broxton, Oklahoma? What unexpected enemies will be drawn to the scene like carrion to a carcass? And what unlikely heroes will rise to the town’s defense? The Asgardians face the battle of their lives…and the showdown that’s coming may end their new life on Earth as quickly as it began! Kieron Gillen and Billy Tan kick off their second spectacular arc!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 607 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thor series
- Images from Thor Vol 1 607
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|