- From this day, Thor is a prince of Asgard no longer. We deny him our company, our homes, our help and our words. And thus deny him Asgard itself. He shall not set foot on Asgard on pain of death, and let death come to any who assist him in so doing. Thor...is henceforth banished, for all time.
- -- Balder
Appearing in "Victory"Edit
- Jane Foster
- Dark Avengers
- Odin (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Victory"Edit
Loki's ages-old plan comes to fruition. Having cast Bor into the snow, Loki now recalls him from the snow in the here and now in the heart of New York, and casts a spell for him to see demons and monsters everywhere, causing him to lash out at everything. Bor does not sense Odin anywhere in the Nine Worlds and so knows he is dead. Jane Foster calls Don Blake, and tells him what's going on, and Thor flies there as fast as he can. Thor has no idea who he really is, having never seen him before, but Bor sees another demon, claiming to have killed Odin. Thor goes on the defensive, but is increasingly startled by Bor's power, power enough to destroy the Earth. Loki arrives in Asgard, and shows Balder what's going on, and tells Balder that he has identified the other person as Odin's father, Bor. Balder tells Loki to get them there as soon as possible, they must stop Thor before he kills Bor. Unfortunately, they arrive too late, after a climatic battle (and with tremendous efforts) Thor has finally managed to kill Bor. Balder tells him the news, that he has killed his own grandfather, the very first Lord of Asgard. And because he has killed royalty, there is only one punishment. Thor is no longer a prince of Asgard. He is to be denied their company, homes, help, and words. He can not set foot on Asgard on pain of death, and any who assist him shall be put to death as well. He is banished from Asgard for all time. Balder asks him if he has any last words. Thor tells him that he does, but they are for another time and another place, and for someone else. But when he finally does speak them, thunder and fire and darkness shall follow after. Later in a tavern, Loki is telling some of the other Asgardians that she knows of a new place they can go, since they are uncomfortable in such a hot and flat climate. She has already spoken to their king and he has invited all Asgardians to live there, where there is snow-capped mountains, where the can hunt to their hearts content. Latveria.
Appearing in "To Asgard! Forever!"Edit
- Robots from the Raggador Galaxy
- Timmy Carter
- Mr. Carter
- Mrs. Carter
Synopsis for "To Asgard! Forever!"Edit
Thor is tired of the endless fighting, and goes to Earth. There he operates on a small boy who never gave up during his operation. In the recovery room, Timmy tells Don that he never gave up, just like Thor.
Appearing in "Welcome Back Thor"Edit
- Don Blake
- Iron Man (Tony Stark)
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Thor clone (Only Appearance)
- Iron Man clone (First appearance)
- Mr. Fantastic clone (First appearance)
- Yellowjacket clone (First appearance)
- Goliath (Bill Foster) (First appearance) (Mentioned)(Death)
Synopsis for "Welcome Back Thor"Edit
A humorous look at Thor's return from Mjolnir falling to Oklahoma, to Thor being forced out of Asgard.
- Also reprints "Balder the Brave" from Journey into Mystery #106, "Balder Must Die!" from Journey into Mystery #107, "The Coming of Loki!" from Journey into Mystery #112, "The Boyhood of Loki!" from Journey into Mystery #113, and "A Viper In Our Midst!" from Journey into Mystery #115.
- Includes a full cover gallery, showing every cover included in the count from 1-600, from Journey into Mystery #1 to Thor #502, all of Thor Volume 2, all of Thor Volume 3 and this issue.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 600 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thor series
- Images from Thor Vol 1 600
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
|Like this? Let us know!|