- Jane Foster, nurse. What room is she in? Tell me now woman, or by all that the Gods hold holy, thou wilt pay for delaying me!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "A Spectre From the Past!"Edit
- Thor(Appears in flashback and main story)
- Armak, The First Man (First appearance)
- Detective Sergeant Ralph Blumkenn
- Odin (Only in flashback)
- The Unknown (Only in flashback)
- Don Blake (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Arnold Nicolson
- Madame Cynthia, Medium and Advisor
- New York Police Department
- Carwell family
- Anne Carwell, widow of the late David Carwell
- Anne's mother-in-law
- Asgard (Only in flashback)
- Bifrost (Only in flashback)
- New York City
- Sif's Sword
- Madame Cynthia's Crystal Ball
Synopsis for "A Spectre From the Past!"Edit
Thor and Hercules return to the surface and fix the hole in the ground they created. After they are done, Blumkenn tells Thor that one of the people stopped from killing themselves has been asking for him - Jane Foster. Elsewhere, during a séance, the spirit of Armak is channeled into Arnold Nicolson. Back in a Midtown Hospital, Sif sees Thor with Jane Foster and realizes just how much he still loves her. The doctor tells Sif that there's not much hope, and that Jane has a week or two at the most. Sif returns to Asgard seeking Odin, only to find him gone. Thor flies off to fight Armak. They battle their way to the top of a skyscraper under construction, where Armak is knocked off and dies, transforming back to Arnold.
- The page sequence of this issue is out of sequence:
- Page 27 should be Page 26
- Page 30 should be Page 27
- Page 26 should be Page 30
The printing error is noted in the letters page of Thor #236.
- Hercules legendary adventure in Marvel Team-Up #26 takes place during this issue and is noted by editor Roy Thomas
- Jane Foster last appeared as a supporting character in this series in Thor #136. Thor last encountered Jane in Thor #172.
- Hercules utters the profanity, "Peaks of Olympus!" when Thor takes off without word to him or the others.
- "The Hammer Strikes" letters page includes letters from Steve Andrews, Danny C. Ng, Bob Bryan, and Jeff Westfall.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 231 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thor series
- Images from Thor Vol 1 231
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|