- I care not for thy empty threats, for I be the god of Thunder!
Appearing in "In the Grip of Infinity!"Edit
- The Silent One
- Loki (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Storm Giants (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Brunner
Synopsis for "In the Grip of Infinity!"Edit
Continued from last issue....
With Odin in peril in the World Beyond, Thor decides to abandon his post guarding Asgard to venture into the realm itself and rescue his father. As he travels into the void of the World Beyond he reflects back on the events that led him to this point.
Arriving in this mystical realm, Thor is confronted by it's guardian, a strange four armed creature with strength and magical abilities that rival that of Thor's. As Thor battles on, he soon finds himself over powered by the creature, however before defeat can be had, Thor demands to know who Infinity is. This rouses Infinity, which appears a massive black void in the shape of a hand. Feeling it's guardian had failed in it's appointed task, it strikes the creature dead and then shows Thor it's incalculable power by consuming another world from Thor's universe before disappearing again.
Venturing further, Thor spots the Silent One standing on a misty cliff, and rushes toward the him demanding answers. Like before, Thor is unable to cause the Silent One any harm, and the Silent One imparts no answers at all. The Silent One shows Thor yet another world being consumed by Infinity. Thor watches helplessly as the world is consumed and brought into the World Beyond, and it's people are put into Infinitiy's thrall. The Silent One then brings Thor to the Warriors Three, who have also been put under Infinity's spell. The Warriors Three attack Thor, however the Thunder God easily over powers them and then transports them back to Asgard.
There, Sif and the Grand Vizier watch over the Odinsword, which continues it's slow progression out of it's scabbard, which would signal the end of the universe. While back in the World Beyond, Odin continues his battle against Infinity, while the Silent One watches on. The resulting backlash is also causing unstable weather conditions on the Earth and across the universe.
The upheaval eventually knocks Thor around in a giant wind, and he is eventually knocked unconscious. When he revives he finds that he has been knocked away from his hammer for more than 60 seconds and has reverted back into the form of Donald Blake. To make matters worse, the Guardian is suddenly resurrected who spots Blake and inches forward intending to make him his next victim.
This story is continued next issue....
- This issue contains a letters page, The Hammer Strikes. Letters are published from Gregory Pasternak, Rob Pattullo, Charles Meyerson, Lonnie Smathers, and Beverly Gliemimi.
- At last! A clue to the mysterious, monstrous entity known only as - Infinity! Plus, your very first glimpse into - the weird and wondrous World Beyond!
- The Thor image from the page one Splash Page was used for marketing purposes, particulary for the Thunder god's 1975 Slurpee (7-11) Cup.
- There is an advertisement in the letters section for the first appearance of King Kull in the latest issue of Tower of Shadows. However, Tower of Shadows changed it's name after issue 9, and became Creatures on the Loose with issue 10. Subsequently, Kull's 1st appearance was actually in Creatures on the Loose.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 185 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thor series
- Images from Thor Vol 1 185
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|