Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers is a four episode motion comic from Marvel Knights Animation released in April 2011. The story mainly focuses on Loki, giving out his point of view, his reasons, .
- In the first part, Karnilla has ordered Loki to kill Thor because of a deal Loki made with her for which Loki hesitates knowing that despite being ignored by most Asgardians; Thor was the only one to ever show brotherly love and treated as family.
- Part 2 shows Loki receiving insults from Sif who is now a prisoner in a cell next to Thor's. Loki believes Sif to be just as foul as he believes Odin is (for which he pointed out to her), for which Sif returns with disgust.
- In Part 3 of the series, he has a discussion with Balder, there Balder reveals that no incarnation of Loki has ever been Lord of Asgard and that this Loki will share a same fate (a surprise that leaves Loki in horror). Later, Loki meets his actual biological mother, for which he thought had been dead for so long ago.
- Part 4 shows that Loki, instead of taking Thor's life, wants to rule along side his brother on Asgard. Whether this succeeds is unknown for it the last part ends in cliffhanger leaving Loki meeting his brother who has bursted out of his prison.
According to producer Ruwan Jayatilleke, the voice cast was drawn from the Broadway theater, but under pseudonyms. The main cast consists of:
- David Blair - Loki: The protoganist of the 4-part series.
- Daniel Thorn - Thor: Supposedly, the antagonist of the series. In the end at the 4th part of the series, Thor gives out a strike of Thunder from his hammer at Loki but leads to a cliffhanger.
- Elizabeth Diennet - Sif
- Joe Teiger - Odin
- James Hampshire - Balder
- Phoebe Stewart - Karnilla
It currently has a 9 out of 10 from IGN.
- It is based on the 2004 miniseries Loki by Robert Rodi and Esad Ribic. Unlike most motion comics, this one has scenes that are made through CGI instead of just animated drawings.
- Before Balder reveals of Loki destined to not rule, he makes references to other Lokis more accociated to norse mythology than this one. Among them are Loki pronounced Lock and Loke, one that was actually Odin's biological son, another was a female that gave birth to Odin's steed "Sleipnir".