- Jane Foster
- Darcy Lewis
- Dr. Erik Selvig
- Dark Elves (First appearance)
- Einherjar Captain
Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into eternal darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Natalie Portman as Jane Foster
Tom Hiddleston as Loki
Anthony Hopkins as Odin
Idris Elba as Heimdall
Jamie Alexander as Sif
Zachary Levi as Fandral
Tadanobu Asano as Hogun
Ray Stevens as Volstagg
Rene Russo as Frigga
Stellan Skarsgård as Erik Selvig
Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Kurse (Algrim the Strong)
Clive Russell as Tyr
Richard Brake as Einherjar Captain
Irish comedian Chris O'Dowd will also appear in a cameo role. As usual, Stan Lee will make a cameo appearance.
- The film will also be available in 3D.
- Patty Jenkins was originally set to direct the film, but after a few months, she exited the project due to "creative differences". Alan Taylor was hired to direct by the end of the 2012.
- Star Chris Hemsworth revealed that the Thor sequel would be more influenced by Norse mythology, stating "I think the science fiction element to Thor… the danger is it falls a little bit into the world of it's 'tough to throw a light to.' I think of big waterfalls and mountains and a Viking influence, where the Norse mythology kind of grew from. Having that in Asgard is going to make it all the more special and that's what Alan [Taylor] wants to bring to it."
- The teaser poster for the film was originally a set photo that was later photoshopped.
- Characters from Thor: The Dark World
- Other things related to Thor: The Dark World
- Film Gallery: Thor: The Dark World
- Images from the film
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Perry, Spencer (14 January 2013). Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks Thor: The Dark World. SuperHeroHype!.
- ↑ Official Plot Synopsis
- ↑ Lukenbill, Mark (19 March 2013). Interview: Chris O'Dowd on Shooting 'The Sapphires' in Vietnam and Taking a Role in 'Thor 2' for Fun. IndieWire. Retrieved on 21 March 2013.
- ↑ Stan Lee Confirms Cameo in “Thor: The Dark World”. NukeTheFridge (15 September 2012). Retrieved on 20 April 2013.
- ↑ First Poster For Thor: The Dark World Is A Photoshopped Set Picture. Bleeding Cool (19 April 2013). Retrieved on 21 April 2013.