Using the power of the Tesseract, Loki opened a wormhole in the sky of New York City, from which Thanos deployed the army of Chitauri warriors whom the Asgardian commanded in an attack. But Loki's plans failed when both the Asgardian and the Chitauri were beaten back by the Avengers. The Avenger Iron Man then redirected a nuclear missile sending it into the wormhole, nearly killing himself in the process. The nuclear missile detonated near the Chitauri base, destroying it and the Chitauri on the other side of the wormhole.
When the Other reported on the defeat, announcing that humans were too "unruly" and to try to conquer them would be to "court death," Thanos only grinned with anticipation of things to come.
- Damion Poitier makes a cameo appearance as Thanos at the end of Marvel's The Avengers. Poitier was credited as "Man #1" in order to keep the appearance of Thanos as a secret even if the full cast list was seen before the movie.
- According to an interview Kevin Feige gave to IGN at San Diego Comic-Con 2013, Thanos will appear in the upcoming film Guardians of the Galaxy as a "mastermind." No actor has yet to have been confirmed to portray Thanos in the film.
- 2 Appearances of Thanos (Earth-199999)
- 3 Images featuring Thanos (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Thanos (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Thanos (Earth-199999)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Thanos (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Marvel's The Avengers
- ↑ Marvel Head Talks Thanos & Ultron - Comic-Con 2013. IGN (20 July 2013). Retrieved on 21 July 2013.
|Like this? Let us know!|