I could be wrong, but hasn't Iron Man's identity recently been made public?--Cmurphy175 10:27, 14 Jul 2005 (Eastern Daylight Time)
It was, but then he made it secret again, by (falsely) claiming he had quit as Iron Man, and that someone else was now wearing the armour.
"His inventions include, but are not limited to, nanotech (Shouldn't this be nanotechnology? Is nanotech a noun?) capable of curing every superhero in the world of Brood mind-control, and a time-machine. He has written all the millions of lines of computer codes needed to run the human body in his head in a few seconds. (Consider revising: This sentence indicates that Tony Stark had a human body inside his skull)" --Cmurphy175 11:10, 20 Jul 2005 (Eastern Daylight Time)
'Nanotech' is just a colloquial term. Nano-technology is the correct full term, you can change it if you like. Also, if you prefer you can create an entry on the Glossary and link to it on the Iron Man article so people can read more about it!
Jamie 13:03, 20 Jul 2005 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Iron Man the Iron Age implicates Roxxon, while the recent Crimson Dynamo series in issue#5 features a fb to Tony Stark at age 19.
I had thought Iron Man's origin had been retconned out of involving the Vietnam war. Was it changed back or am i completely wrong here? The Origin section also implicates the Mandarin as being befind Tony's capture. I would have edited it out, but was wary that this could have become canon at some point. After all, there was a craze for tying origins together a while back. --Mr Somnolent 14:31, 23 December 2005 (Eastern Standard Time)
They don't specifically say Vietnam anymore, just Southeast Asia. The Mandarin was hinted at in "Dragon Seed" and I don't think it's been recanted. Kokushishin
Iron Man 2008 Edit
Iron Man (live action movie) is in pre-production right now and filming is supposed to begin in March 2007. Should this be included in the article? Mr. Immortal
- I think it should be it's own article, with an Earth Number based on the release date. How about Anthony Stark (Earth-20080502)?
- --Nathan Elliott (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 02:44, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
Anybody capable of dividing his history up into appropriate sections - this is like a long run-on sentence. Roygbiv666 03:29, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
The 'World War Hulk' section of the history implies that Tony Stark dies, which, unless I'm mistaken, is false. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the newer comics. If someone could fix this, it'd be appreciated. Iron Man ROCKS.--Joseph Leito 21:29, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yea, he's definitely not dead, he's an active member/leader of the Mighty Avengers.
- --Nathan Elliott (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 02:23, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
I find it quite funny there is no mentioning of his extremis enhacments toward the whole thing while it goes past worldwar hulk --Ouroborosi 19:45, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
Is Tony's identity currently secret or public. I know unmasked again during Civil War, but it was recently changed to secret here on his page. It changes from week to week with this guy...--Max 00:34, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Billionaire/Millionaire does it matter??? Edit
Does it matter if Tony Stark is a millionaire or a billionaire??? Yes it does  And HE is considered one of the TOP 5 FICTIONAL BILLIONAIRES at 8.8 BILLION. I also believe he dropped about 1.5 billion on his Drone armor army. --Capam 01:33, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I still don't see why it matters which he's categorized as. Especially if he's the only one. Why don't we just have a generic "rich dudes" category? Because we really don't need a billionaires category for one or two characters.
- --GrnMarvl14 02:00, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Who is to say there won't be more billionaires sometime in the near future. I personally prefer to be a billionaire as to a millionaire (winning 1 mill in lottery you are consider a millionaire even you only have 400,000 in the bank.) and "rich dudes" is sexist and disrespectful. --Capam 02:23, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Then we can wait until we get more to make a billionaires category or, again, we can come up with a catch-all for all of the rich people. "Rich dudes" was a joking example of that. Lighten up.
- --GrnMarvl14 02:58, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Where does "He is one of the three smartest people on Earth." come from?
- Tony Stark is revealed to be one of the eight smartest people in the world in the Fall of the Hulks arc. Stark most likely is not the third smartest, though, as the Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 1 refers to Reed Richards as "the smartest man on the planet", Doctor Doom is known to be on par with Richards, and Hank Pym is the "scientist supreme." --Magnus 13:13, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
Deletion of Text Edit
I can't seem to edit the history section of this article, but at the very end (yes i read the entire thing) there is a line of text that says "No history is available for this character". I laughed out loud because there are paragraphs upon paragraph of history for Anthony "Tony" Stark. Could someone please delete this text, because anytime I click edit it is completely blank. Blueberry01120 08:48, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
Move To Tony Stark (Earth-616)Edit
- Have you read the note at the top of this talk page? Also, the correct name would be "Anthony Stark" not "Tony Stark", given our current Naming Conventions.
- --GrnMarvl14 20:27, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
Shouldn't we be featuring Tony's latest armor? I see it when a basic search is done for iron man but, when we navigate to earth 616 tony the armor showing is his old Extremis Armor. Why is that?
- Good point. I've changed it back to an image of his current armor. And please remember to sign your comments with four tildas (~~~~) so people know who left the message.
- --GrnMarvl14 02:16, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- The millionaire's son enrolled in an electrical engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at the age of 15 and graduated at the top of his class.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering
- Advanced degrees in physics and electrical engineering
"Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A - Z" Vol. 5 (Hardcover):
- Ph.D.s in physics and electrical engineering
--Magnus 15:27, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Tony Stark?? Edit
ok, I dont normally read any Iron Man title but it's seem that tony apparently quit of being Iron Man so my question is: did this issue take place after AVX or before?? cuz in AVX he wearing his armor Tenlao 01:42, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Long Way Down (this story arc where Tony quit) supposedly takes place before AvX, but I think we should guide this article by the main title, even if it takes place before Avx, where he's Iron Man again.
- ADour, the ADour-tacular ADour 01:49, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
- so.. he temporarily quit from being iron man and don his armor again. well I don't see the point of using that image of him without his armor as main picture if we knew that he gonna end being iron man again to the end of that arc on his main book and he already using his armor in AVX as well. I gonna put back his armor image if you don't have any objection??? Tenlao 02:14, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
Arc reactor? Edit
The article has several mentions of an arc reactor, but isn't that an Earth-199999 thing? As far as I can read, in this universe it's always the beta-particle absorbing repulsor generator? - KrisCrash (talk) 11:30, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
- During the Stark: Disassembled storyline he had to put an arc reactor as in the movies, but with a different purpose: it contains all the data the Extremis virus needs to run Tony's body.
Fanrating Interligence 9? Edit
It's a joke or not? 7 is the highest or not? --Soran 21:10, August 10, 2012 (UTC)