Howard the duck
Howard the duck joined in Marvel Treasury Edition #12 (c. November 1976) yet you guys removed his name from the membership rooster.
- Consider him re-added.
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 22:52, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Did I miss something? When did Loa become a Defender? Since when is She-Hulk a current Defender (as opposed to a 'Last Defender'? Tony ingram 16:55, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
OK, I( realize I don't keep totally up to date with the X books, but i can't find anything at all to suggest that this latest lineup edit is accurate. Can someone clarify? Tony ingram 17:01, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
- In this week's Fear Itself: The Deep #1, Namor gets beaten by Attuma/Nerkkod and sent packing, leaving Nerkkod to capture New Atlantis. Realizing he needs help, Namor (accompanied by Loa. For why she's there, check the Namor: The First Mutant series) calls on Dr. Strange who performs a spell (I forget the exact name) to gather their "friends" (an obvious Defenders reference). The spell draws in She-Hulk (Lyra) instead of Hulk (likely because he's possessed by Nul), and Silver Surfer arrives on the last page saying that "the Defenders" (referring to the assembled foursome) need his help to defeat their enemy. I believe there's at least one more reference to them being the Defenders in the issue, but by the end, it's fairly clear that's who they're meant to be.
- --GrnMarvl14 17:07, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
Hmm. Can't see it sticking, myself. But fair enough. Tony ingram 17:09, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I doubt it's going to last past this mini-series. But, who knows, it's been a while since we've had a Defenders book.
- --GrnMarvl14 18:20, June 4, 2011 (UTC)